Open Solo 2.5-RC2 is out

I thought I was done also- Solo calibrated and I took it over to the park- wide open space- turned on both controller and Solo- locked in 15 satellites quickly- then controller came up on fly screen. I pushed button and got rotation, but when I pushed fly to take off, it shut down -3 times- so I shut it down and came home. All 4 lights are green.

Matt-
I did the Open Solo -controller
Open Solo- copter
the day before. And I flew my Solo after that- a little more “drift” but no problems with flying it and landing it

when i go into Solex vehicle settings- on the bottom it says
AutoPilot:3.5.3 Controller:2.4.9
Controller f/w: 2.5-RC1
Vehicle: 2.4.9 Gimbal: 1.3.6

no. I never used mission planner and had my wife download it today on her laptop-

looking at my Solo- every light is green all four on Solo and both on HERE

It's very odd. It seems to me like it is acting as though it senses movement when the props are powered on. But the arm LEDs staying green is throwing me off....

attention to detail is my specialty- I did everything as instructed- was hoping someone would have said push the B button and you’re good to go!!!! The IMU calibrated and the compass calibrated. Thought I was a-okay

Hrm.... wonder if you've had an unfortunately timed MicroSD card loosening. But I'm just casting about now. ...

Paul from Jester’s Drones asked me if all the lights were green- then told me that it wasn’t a good thing

It isn't. It means the Solo failed to complete it's startup sequence. Either the IMX.6 , the PixHawk, or the communication between them.

Paul said the Green Cube will have to be accessed and the usb plugged in to mission planner and firmware reloaded.

Reactions: Thomannjf
it’s nothing i’ll lose sleep over- I appreciate all the help from everyone. guessing this is how you’ve all become so proficient

Paul from Jester’s Drones asked me if all the lights were green- then told me that it wasn’t a good thing
Sounds like the Same state I'm in after my RC1 load went awry.. Waiting for the "How to" undo/recover on this one.

Mission Planner? What do I need to do?

I was told that I would have to access the usb port on the green cube and plug into laptop with Mission Planner and load the firmware onto the green cube- Trust me when I tell you I’m not an expert- but this is what I was told

I was told that I would have to access the usb port on the green cube and plug into laptop with Mission Planner and load the firmware onto the green cube- Trust me when I tell you I’m not an expert- but this is what I was told

Before you tear your Solo apart again... Connect to Sololink with wifi on the laptop. Start up Mission Planner and in the upper right select "UDP" then hit connect. It will pop up a dialog box suggesting port 14550, don't change it and hit ok. See if you can connect with the Solo. If you can connect the HUD in the upper left will move when you move the Solo. It will also tell you the version of Arducopter you are running in the top most line of the window.

Then just disconnect for the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damien427