Open Solo 2.5-RC2 is out

It looks nice. If I can get another drone to do the same thing with red- i can put them in the window for Christmas decorations!

You know, I love the fact that these forums can be used to solve people solo problems. The fact that the life of the solo is being extended is fantastic, open solo is a huge step in the right direction. I've also witnessed bickering back and forth and the banning of some users who go around blaming others for their issues. I can live with that, it's no skin off my nose and I know, as frustrating as these issues can be, people will still do their best to help others out. BUT I WILL NOT AND CANNOT TOLERATE FALSEHOODS ABOUT BEER! Some of us take these things very seriously I'll have you know ............ Beer can be both naturally and forced carbonated...... end of discussion. Let's end false news stories about beer not having carbonation right here and right now. :)

Reactions: DJMc and carpy
hey damn it!!!! help me with my green lighted drone!!!

hey damn it!!!! help me with my green lighted drone!!!
Oh I'd love to, but I know nothing about drones, I just fly them. I can say my open solo install went off without a hitch though. Hey, when I was trying to upgrade before though and messed things up, I did have constant "Green lights" on my drone, thought it had frozen up and had to ground the drone. Found out I had prejudged the poor little thing, I put a stock cube in it two weeks ago, managed to pair to a spare controller, loaded up open solo via solex and the little drone is now flying about (pardon the pun). Now I need to put a green cube in there!

did green cube and HERE last night- this Solo locks in 18 satellites in the kitchen!!!
Must have missed something but I’m not tech savvy either.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
It is possible it is the tablet. I'll buy a new one. I'll reserve judgement but it has not been an appliance like install which the Solo was designed around. I have a bebop, dobby and never had a problem using those. I have built 4 Tarot 680 from scratch. Now I admit I use Mission planner and I find the Android Apps to be less straight forward. I did read your instructions but I was not seeing what was described. It would be nice in the app firmware page to have a down-arrow indicating there are more listings below the visible page.

But again thanks for your hard work on making the Solo a viable machine going forward.

BTW are you a Cyclist and a Kayaker?

I used my Android 6 based Xiaomi Redmi 3 smartphone with a new Solo that just arrived. Did the same things. Had the same problems. The files downloaded to the Smartphone did not show when connected to the controller rather than the internet, until I updated the controller with the Open Solo updates.

I just used Mission Planner which I am more familiar with and it is all set. I could not use the Solex app anyway but was just checking.

Beer and Canine Treats for a little assistance? Paul say I’m in Boot Loader Mode-

Beer and Canine Treats for a little assistance? Paul say I’m in Boot Loader Mode-
I believe that'll be the PixHawk locked in bootloader mode. Which should mean it is looking for the ArduCopter firmware IIRC.

Thought I had my shit together with video on iphone, solex on Android and complete silence- I put Open Solo RC-2 on my Solo the night before- ( or so I thought ) when I was done- controller said Open Solo- but in the corner had v2.5 rc-1....?

guessing some of us are too stupid for anything that has a plug.

The controller will continue to say RC1,as the RC2 only updates the bird, not the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado