mkfs.vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 -n GOLDEN &> /dev/null
    mkdir -p /tmp/golden
    mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /tmp/golden
    rm -f /tmp/golden/*.*

Code:
    umount /tmp/golden
    touch /log/updates/FACTORYRESET
    reboot
Worked brilliantly through Token2Shell, despite my stupidity of rebooting the Controller before kicking off the reboot of the Solo.

Flew 4 packs back to back under OpenSolo with my analog FPV setup, which was pretty freaking slick. The Solo is a beast!
Thanks a million! I'll set about making the best script I can, though it likely will not be fully plug&play without user intervention.

Hey Pedals2Paddles, today I did an upgrade of a Solo from stock to a green cube running ArduCopter. Followed the directions in the wiki and it worked flawlessly. Wonderful work.

If you don't mind, I would like ... a test case for that. Put the green cube in and boot up. Assuming it boots normally, grab the 3dr-solo.log and python_stdere.log file from the solo and send them to me

If you need additional logs, I grabbed a set on boot up immediately after installing PH2.1 (before ArduCopter but with Open Solo) and another after loading AC. Just say if you want them (and where to deliver them to) and I'll get them to you.

Hey Pedals2Paddles, today I did an upgrade of a Solo from stock to a green cube running ArduCopter. Followed the directions in the wiki and it worked flawlessly. Wonderful work.

If you need additional logs, I grabbed a set on boot up immediately after installing PH2.1 (before ArduCopter but with Open Solo) and another after loading AC. Just say if you want them (and where to deliver them to) and I'll get them to you.
Yes please. I'll message you. Thx

When installing Open Solo onto a stock Solo (black cube), do the PIDs get changed? It seems like my Solo is a little more 'drifty' after the upgrade.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Hey Matt-
I installed the open solo download on both Solo and controller-

It came up as RC-1, guys are saying that’s normal... I thought maybe I should “ refresh “ on Solex to bring up the most up to date program- and I re-installed. Just took it out and calibrated and Leveled Solo and put her in the air for a very short flight- no problems. Now I can do my green cube and HERE?

For the few of you who are currently stuck with a locked up Green Cube, instructions on rectifying that coming soon. Not enough hours in the day.

Hi Matt,

I know you said that this is a pain to restore, but just how big a pain is it? While I wait for these directions, I'd love to get flying again. Would I be safe in putting the stock cube back into the Solo even though the controller completed its upgrade to RC1? And could I then do the RC2 with the original cube installed?

Given that I've now "burned" both my Solos trying to do get the Green Cube to work I've an abundance of caution. :)

P.S. I did try re-making the SDCard (I used "dd" to copy the image to a new SDCard) and replaced the files on the GOLDEN partition as per this link but it did me no good with the GC installed.

Hey Matt,
I did the Open Solo last night- took my time- Android Tablet in one hand with Solex and my iphone in the other playing your video- thinking that’s the way to do this- might just add for the folks about to attempt-
KEEP YOUR DICK-SKINNERS IN YOUR POCKETS- do not touch anything- it takes a little while but if you’re patient; it goes pretty smooth!

Matt, I am not getting what you document with the Open Solo android install procedure.
I have the Green Cube installed from the earlier videos by Jester.
So with the original cube I installed the imx python script.
Then I installed Arducopter2.5.2
Then installed Ardu2.5.2 parameter file and the Here parameter file for the compass

For all the above after I downloaded the files from the internet then switched back to Solex home and changed to the Sololink connection I see nothing in the firmware tab. Ever. I wait for the parameter download after connection then the announcement of the 759 parameters downloaded successfully. I wait. Nothing ever shows up locally in the firmware list. So I connect back to the internet. Go to the firmware list which states all the files are downloaded. Then staying on that list, I change the wifi connection to the Sololink. Wait for parameter download and acknowledgement. Then I try and load the files. Sometimes I get an install button and sometimes I don't. If I switch back and forth to the internet and sololink I can get all the files installed.

So today I try again. I check the available install files and unlike the Open Solo instruction they are labeled Arducopter 3.5.3. Not "Open Solo RC2" or similar.

"From the firmware updates menu in Solex, tap either the Open Solo 2.5 Clean Install (Controller) or Open Solo 2.5 Clean Install (Copter) package"

The same drill as above and I get all the files installed eventually.

Am I miss interpreting something in the install instructions?

Mike, I honestly have no idea what you're saying as it just doesn't make much sense . It's very difficult to follow what you're saying because it's all over the place. The instructions cover all of this in extreme detail. So does the video. So I can only conclude you're not actually following the instructions and getting stuck on things from the past.

First of all, ignore whatever old instructions you followed from prior green cube installs. None of that applies anymore. Stop looking for old files that aren't used anymore. Also, there is no such thing as ArduCopter 2.5.2, which is why you don't see it anywhere. And no, ArduCopter 3.5.3 is not the same thing as Open Solo. The instructions detail all of this, including version information.

If you already had the green cube installed and working from before, you do not need to remove it and I don't think any of my instructions said to do that. Just install Open Solo per the instructions, which are all accurate in detail. If this is another Solo with a brand new green cube, you need to read the instructions for a new green cube install. Which are also accurate and in detail. All instructions can be found here. documentation/README.md at master · OpenSolo/documentation · GitHub

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I provided the history so you knew what I had done previously. I quoted your instructions right from your pages:
"From the firmware updates menu in Solex, tap either the Open Solo 2.5 Clean Install (Controller) or Open Solo 2.5 Clean Install (Copter) package"

I am telling you, and yes Arducopter 2.5.2 was a typo, that the file names that are shown in my Solex are not labeled "Open Solo" anything. They are labeled Arducopter 3.5.3, now.

I am not sure why that is so complicated to understand. Your instructions are very simple
1.Download the packages. I did but they are not named as you declare in your instructions.
2. Reconnect. I do and there are no downloaded packages listed in the firmware tab of Solex once I reconnect to the controller.
3. Install. I can't because there are no packages listed.

I just released OPEN SOLO 2.5-RC2! It is out in Solex now, and Tom is putting in Side Pilot as we speak.

This update fixes some installation vulnerabilities that were identified by beta testers with Green Cubes. It was on occasion failing to detect the green cube, and trying to install the 3DR firmware on it, which is not compatible. The scripts are now much more robust. It now has three different ways to detect the cube. And in the unlikely event something is wrong and it still can't, it will not try to install any firmware on the cube so nothing gets locked up.

Please see the -RC2 release notes for full detail on this update and on Open Solo in general: https://github.com/OpenSo…/documentation/releases/…/v2.5-RC2

If you have already installed RC1, please do actually upgrade to this. It will fix the install vulnerability, whether you experienced the issue or not the first time around.

For the few of you who are currently stuck with a locked up Green Cube, instructions on rectifying that coming soon. Not enough hours in the day.

Hey matt how many times do will the solo do its thing before i need to power cycle ?

I provided the history so you knew what I had done previously. I quoted your instructions right from your pages:

I am telling you, and yes Arducopter 2.5.2 was a typo, that the file names that are shown in my Solex are not labeled "Open Solo" anything. They are labeled Arducopter 3.5.3, now.

I am not sure why that is so complicated to understand. Your instructions are very simple
1.Download the packages. I did but they are not named as you declare in your instructions.
2. Reconnect. I do and there are no downloaded packages listed in the firmware tab of Solex once I reconnect to the controller.
3. Install. I can't because there are no packages listed.

It's difficult to understand because you're writing in discombobulated sentence fragments about things from then and now. But anyway...

If you do not see the Open Solo packages in Solex, I suggest you press the refresh button while you are on a WiFi connection with reliable high speed internet. The packages are there for everyone else. They are not named wrong or differently. The ArduCopter 3.5.3 packages are there for other purposes. Those are not improper names. Those are different packages.

It's difficult to understand because you're writing in discombobulated sentence fragments about things from then and now. But anyway...

If you do not see the Open Solo packages in Solex, I suggest you press the refresh button while you are on a WiFi connection with reliable high speed internet. The packages are there for everyone else. They are not named wrong or differently. The ArduCopter 3.5.3 packages are there for other purposes. Those are not improper names. Those are different packages.

I am not saying they are improper names I am just trying to tell you I don't see any other files in the list. I have refreshed while connected to the internet. There are no "Open Solo" file names in my firmware list available. Just the files that start with the word Arducopter. The firmware upload seems to work after I do the odd procedure described above. But I am not seeing what you are describing on my tablet running Solex.

Maybe you are confused because my system is not acting like you expect.

I am not saying they are improper names I am just trying to tell you I don't see any other files in the list. I have refreshed while connected to the internet. There are no "Open Solo" file names in my firmware list available. Just the files that start with the word Arducopter. The firmware upload seems to work after I do the odd procedure described above. But I am not seeing what you are describing on my tablet running Solex.

Maybe you are confused because my system is not acting like you expect.

Maybe I should try and make a video so you can see for yourself.

OK OK OK I just started to do a video for you. To show you that you just don't understand.
So I connected to the internet on the tablet. Went to firmware in Solex, there was the list I described. Then I hit refresh, as I have done many times, then I swiped up on the screen to show there were no other files. Then I did it two more times...and on the third time it scrolled up and revealed the "Open Solo" files.

They are loading now. Much bigger files than the Arducopter 3.5.3 but maybe most of that is your script for install.

May be this old tablet I dedicated to this proejct is just a tad too slow to respond. It's running 4.4 so it has been around for a while.

Sorry Matt. Thanks for helping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44