Once you have cached mapbox maps inTower, how do you delete them?

Reaction score
Howdy,

Now that I've successfully cached Mapbox map tiles, how does one delete them when you no longer need them?

I couls always uninstall the app, but that's a rather crude solution.

Alternately, I could manually delete them if I knew where they lived, but I do not.

Does anyone know where the mapbox tiles might be stored?

Thanks,

Bill

cached map data from mapbox isn't stored on the filesystem it is stored in a sqllite database that is apart of the tower app. there isn't a manual method of purging, but every time you download a map it will overwrite the existing data.

Couple questions for the learned ones:

I take it to say I can only cache one map at a time, correct?

Any idea how big these files are, say you cached a square mile satellite/street?

Can you cache maps for Solo App?

cached map data from mapbox isn't stored on the filesystem it is stored in a sqllite database that is apart of the tower app. there isn't a manual method of purging, but every time you download a map it will overwrite the existing data.

Last edited:
Here's how to download maps in the Solo App:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You can't download Google maps in the Solo App, only the maps from MapBox.

So if I download maps while in the solo app, are they available in tower? Or do I have to download again for tower?

So if I download maps while in the solo app, are they available in tower? Or do I have to download again for tower?
Unfortunately, Tower and the Solo App don't use the same cached maps. You need to download them separately in each app. In Tower, you'll need to enter a MapBox developers ID (free to get) and the Mapbox Access Token (from your map on MapBox). In Tower, look under the "Settings" menu option, then the "User Interface" option. You select and setup Maobox in the "Map Provider Preferences". Download maps work on Tower, but it's a bit more difficult to setup for the first time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso