How Many Solos Do You Have ?

Reaction score
just curious, since the SOLO has become so desirable and affordable (maybe became so desirable because it's affordable) how many did you guys buy (as a backup or to stack up) and reason why you bought multiple times. the reason i asked is because i'm at my third one and i have yet to fly my first solo. btw, i do have a hubsan x4 H501S. when i put them side by side my hubsan looks so tiny.
thanks - vic

I believe there is another (mature) thread with this exact same subject. The search function is your friend...
For the record, I have 5 Solos. One set up for video, one set up for stills, one for experimentation and two for backup/parts. Got my first Solo in Aug when the prices started to drop. Couldn't resist getting more when the packages hit $400.
I'm a long time RC flyer with several DIY multirotors in my hanger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My apologies fellow 3dr'ers. Newbie and probably just my 5th post. Didn't realize there's another thread about this. In any case just ignore my post.
Thanks-Vic

My apologies fellow 3dr'ers. Newbie and probably just my 5th post. Didn't realize there's another thread about this. In any case just ignore my post.
Thanks-Vic
On my 2nd, one is completely torn apart for motor pods and what not.
Both bought for $299.99 plus tax.
Can't beat the deal if you needed a spare battery charger anyways and it comes with tons of other stuff too.

4, but don't tell my wife! Just for spares, but I might use one to play with (no gimble) in acro mode, etc.

i just received my backpack bundle and there's only 1 battery. to those who ordered the backpack bundle does it come with 2 batteries? 1 on the drone and 1 extra. thanks,

i just received my backpack bundle and there's only 1 battery. to those who ordered the backpack bundle does it come with 2 batteries? 1 on the drone and 1 extra. thanks,

My $299 backpack bundle from BB came with one battery and one mounted gimbal + 1 extra gimbal which was mailed separately. I believe I had option to pick either extra gimbal or extra battery but not positive.

i ordered mine at amazon. they're all out at bb now. but that's a pretty good price. i paid $406 for the backpack bundle. am thinking now of just returning this one and just get the copter which is $299 at bb that comes with a gimbal.

i ordered mine at amazon. they're all out at bb now. but that's a pretty good price. i paid $406 for the backpack bundle. am thinking now of just returning this one and just get the copter which is $299 at bb that comes with a gimbal.
How much do you want for your back pack?

How much do you want for your back pack?

So sorry as I just dropped it off at our office' mailing area and they will pick up the package tomorrow morning. Our mailing route usually start at 8am and Package won't be there by the time I get to Office in the morning. Sorry about that.

I could probably do 80-100, depends on if you really want to sell it. I don't think it's worth your while though.

I have 2 Solos. Both from the BestBuy deal. I also have 2 gimbals (same source). Wonderful product. BOTH work as expected after reading the manual (more than once) and not doing stupid things. I have lost several propellers in the past 2 months, but that was USER ERROR, not an issue with Solo.

i love Solo and I wish 3DR would reintroduce their GREAT product.

Reactions: Chun
Having in mind the recent price drop, no wonder why we all have more than one gadget :)

Having in mind the recent price drop, no wonder why we all have more than one gadget :)
tell me about it. i got 2 myself as i did return the backpack bundle but bought 1 at BB ($299). i am thinking of getting another one at BB if they still have them. since they stopped making the Solo we might as well stack up.

I had six Solos, but gave two away to family. Also have one Hubsan H501S and one Phantom 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421