New Long Range antenna for SOLO

Thats a pretty clean install. Beats having them hang off the bottom. But how are you running the second one?

Well, New to the forum and new to drones. Solo is my first.

Thanks for posting all this and if I can work through the GPS issues (taking FOREVER to pick enough satellites to fly) , I am having and I am not the only one reading other post on the forum. I will be getting one of these mods. Leaning toward the DBS.

Thanks again.
D.R.

Thanks for posting all this and if I can work through the GPS issues (taking FOREVER to pick enough satellites to fly) , I am having and I am not the only one reading other post on the forum. I will be getting one of these mods. Leaning toward the DBS.

Thanks again.
D.R.
Mine occasionally takes a few minutes to get a GPS lock. As you learn and get used to the controls you will learn to just take off in manual instead of waiting for a lock. Once your in the air the lock will take place. Problem is when it locks, be sure your close to your take off point so when it establishes Home, it will be close by if it initiates RTH.

Reactions: 808roller

Thanks again.
D.R.
The more times it locks the faster it gets at locking on. Especially if you take off from the same spot. Anytime you go to a new spot it may take longer than usual. Give it it some time and it should start locking faster for you. At least it did for me.

can you please post a few pictures of how you mount, attached them to the controdller? thank You

For those interested in a little more range at little cost I would suggest the $23 Alfa APA-M25 dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz 10dBi high gain directional indoor panel antenna with RP-SMA connector at Amazon. I have been using it for several weeks now and I'm very pleased. Yesterday evening I went out a mile and still had a bar left and did not RTH. That was far enough for me for right now. I'm sure it would go farther but I just don't have the need for it yet.

You will need the $6 12"/30cm Male to Female RP-SMA Extension Cable to connect it to the controller. I bought some small velcro circles for under $3 at Wally world to mount it to the controller.

Links below if you are interested. I'm sure the DBS and FPVLR antennas are superior and I will upgrade when I need to go farther.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R1PA9EO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EPG4A3I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I like the hybrid approach. One stock omnidirectional. One panel.

For those interested in a little more range at little cost I would suggest the $23 Alfa APA-M25 dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz 10dBi high gain directional indoor panel antenna with RP-SMA connector at Amazon. I have been using it for several weeks now and I'm very pleased. Yesterday evening I went out a mile and still had a bar left and did not RTH. That was far enough for me for right now. I'm sure it would go farther but I just don't have the need for it yet.

You will need the $6 12"/30cm Male to Female RP-SMA Extension Cable to connect it to the controller. I bought some small velcro circles for under $3 at Wally world to mount it to the controller.

Links below if you are interested. I'm sure the DBS and FPVLR antennas are superior and I will upgrade when I need to go farther.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R1PA9EO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EPG4A3I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
For us Canadian guys. I just ordered these items. The links are for Amazon.com. Prices as quoted but shipping up to us was crazy. Plus with our dollar being almost worthless in the U.S. Made the total cost nearly $100. Search the items on Amazon.ca. The total including shipping was $37 Canadian.

very nice, what's the farthest you have flown with this set up?
I went a mile and still had 1 to 2 bars left. when I reached a mile that was as far as I wanted to go. I'm sure it will go further. The video I saw on YouTube had it going out 1.5 miles over water and he said he could have went farther as well.

a8022080-197-20150702_181057.jpg

EQUALS

a8047335-165-Screenshot_2015-07-10-19-52-14.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Alfa 7dbi directional. Better than stock with far better video transmission all the way out. They're vertically polarized. I can't speak to the fpvlr kit unless someone wants to send me one. But I will assume.that they can get you a bit farther. But they really won't shine until you adapt the solo to a CP antenna to match it. As they suffer a 3dbi loss due to polarization miss match as well.

Reactions: Doug Benson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado