New Long Range antenna for SOLO

a8022080-197-20150702_181057.jpg

EQUALS

a8047335-165-Screenshot_2015-07-10-19-52-14.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hey Chris I thought you only needed one someone told me..I ordered it the ALpha as well, still waiting for it

Reactions: johnno2004
Hey Chris I thought you only needed one someone told me..I ordered it the ALpha as well, still waiting for it
It's mimo so you may chose to use 2 and slightly angle them apart to create a less directional area in front of you. Or you may use one very directional and keep an omni for close in less directional flight.

It's mimo so you may chose to use 2 and slightly angle them apart to create a less directional area in front of you. Or you may use one very directional and keep an omni for close in less directional flight.
SO it will still work with just one correct?

So this is not the best way to have them, I mean if I use 2, just like the picture, the optimun way to have them is upside down (like in the picture) but with a slight angle away from each other, is this right?

If I use only one and keep the other antenna stock, it should be also, upside down and with a small angle outwards?

I have the antennas already, just trying to understand the best way to set them up.

Thank You

this is the video from youtube where the guy went 1.5 miles with just one but the antenna is slightly different to the ones posted in the picture above, the one used in this video is this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R1PA9EO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01

I bought the one from the above amazon link and the other two that wwere posted above, is this any difference between the single one from the youtube video and the other two? it seems like one is working the same as 2? at least they are both getting the same distance?

here is the video

thank You for any input

this is the video from youtube where the guy went 1.5 miles with just one but the antenna is slightly different to the ones posted in the picture above, the one used in this video is this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R1PA9EO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01

I bought the one from the above amazon link and the other two that wwere posted above, is this any difference between the single one from the youtube video and the other two? it seems like one is working the same as 2? at least they are both getting the same distance?

here is the video

thank You for any input
This one is 1 dbi stronger in 2.4ghz
orient it up or down nto sideways. I believe you need an adapter cable as well for it. The 7dbi I use screws straight on.

Yes, I bought the cable he suggested. so you think using only one of this model could be better than using two of the other ones posted above?

thank You for your help

orient it up. I believe you need an adapter cable as well for it. The 7dbi I use screws straight on.

actually this one is 10dbi so it's 3dbi stronger than the other one posted above.

orient it up or down nto sideways. I believe you need an adapter cable as well for it. The 7dbi I use screws straight on.

Alfa 7dbi directional. Better than stock with far better video transmission all the way out. They're vertically polarized. I can't speak to the fpvlr kit unless someone wants to send me one. But I will assume.that they can get you a bit farther. But they really won't shine until you adapt the solo to a CP antenna to match it. As they suffer a 3dbi loss due to polarization miss match as well.
That's why I want to look into putting a CP antenna on the Solo. plenty of room too. I don't care for the verticals in the legs.

That's why I want to look into putting a CP antenna on the Solo. plenty of room too. I don't care for the verticals in the legs.
Yeah if I keep my next solo after RMA once I'm 30 days after the warranty I'll put the connections to add them. I already have them sitting on my desk.

what is a CP antenna? I guess I am learning a lot today, hahahhah

Yeah if I keep my next solo after RMA once I'm 30 days after the warranty I'll put the connections to add them. I already have them sitting on my desk.

what is a CP antenna? I guess I am learning a lot today, hahahhah
Circular Polarized. It is less lossy as the vehicle moves, turns, etc. And travels around stuff better. But transmitter and receiver need to both be CP. New antennas on both.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado