New Long Range antenna for SOLO

Reaction score
Just got it. Bought the antenna that is for the P3 from DBS MODS. Extremely light weight, high quality and the mounting to the SOLO controller was simple. Hardly know it's there. Iv'e been told it's been tested out to 2 1/2 miles with a good signal and Live Video feed. upload_2015-7-24_14-21-23.png

upload_2015-7-24_14-23-36.png

http://dbsmods.com/

Can't wait to try it!

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-24_14-18-20.png
    upload_2015-7-24_14-18-20.png
    719.6 KB · Views: 89
  • upload_2015-7-24_14-21-51.png
    upload_2015-7-24_14-21-51.png
    815.5 KB · Views: 75
Anxious to see how you and McCabe like it this weekend good luck guys I'm betting wel at least see a couple miles from one or both of you guys. Think I'm happy enough with the fpv option for now but who knows after I get my gimbal may pick up one of these as well. I really like the looks of it and seems like it would be less likely to get damaged since it's in a case. Planned on this one originally myself but couldn't wait and Tony's fpvlr kit didn't disappoint.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I have mine too... USPS will be delivering it today :) i am planning a review as well.

will this new antenna help improve the GPS issues that some people are having with there Solo?

Unfortunately no it won't fix the GPS issue. That's either going to be a firmware or hardware fix I believe.

Reactions: rrmccabe
$109.00

I think its funny. This lightweight antenna has maxed out the range (battery limitation) on the Phantom 3 at 5.25 miles. Geez!

I have one coming from Phantom 3 and Solo.

1st flight and it was hurried but all I can say is WOW!! Went 1000' beyond where I have never been able to get to,,,2500' at 150' ALT. I call it "WiFi No Mans Land",,,and was at -62 db and video was perfect, telemetry too!! Started to sprinkle as it has been raining all day but "totally awesome"!. For $100 bucks it makes SOLO perform like a dream "far out". As I was experimenting with aiming I sab db fluctuate between -59 and 62. With practice, anyway. I am thrilled to say the least!

I may have to look into this.. I am getting almost 800' to 900' and I get down to zero bars.

I heard Colin was talking to NASA about moving some Satellites.

You know they'll do it too how could you look at that smile and say no, prolly why we all bought a solo in the first place. When the bachelor says buy something you best buy it, and speaking of best buy that's prolly why they signed up for thousands too. ;):)

Reactions: rrmccabe
1st flight and it was hurried but all I can say is WOW!! Went 1000' beyond where I have never been able to get to,,,2500' at 150' ALT. I call it "WiFi No Mans Land",,,and was at -62 db and video was perfect, telemetry too!! Started to sprinkle as it has been raining all day but "totally awesome"!. For $100 bucks it makes SOLO perform like a dream "far out". As I was experimenting with aiming I sab db fluctuate between -59 and 62. With practice, anyway. I am thrilled to say the least!

Do you mean seems more responsive or handles better by performs like a dream or just range cause my range, video and seemed to me like my overall responsiveness has been much improved since I upgraded. I didn't realize just how much of a difference that hundred and some odd bucks would make until about two minutes after takeoff that first flight it's as night and day as changing the performance settings to me. Could be somewhat in my head since video and signal is improved but just the overall feel seemed different, nearly perfect to me at least. I'm amazed by what something not amplified and very lightweight did to better the entire setup.

Don't look back after you've used that panel if it's like the other kit you'll be incredibly disappointed trying the stocks again. Mine didn't last 5 minutes.

LOL Colin....
Here he was 11 years ago in 2004 when I first remember him:

"...Colin is the owner of a cell phone store. Among the accomplishments he is most proud of is getting Christie to fall in love with him, which he claims is better than being the top first-year dealer for a book publishing company in the United States. He also agrees that he and Christie are both very aggressive and “very outspoken and in-your-face.” However, he is a very open person who will talk to anyone, while Christie is extremely private..."

From his bio on Season 5 of the Amazing Race (I hate to admit I'm a fan of the show).

LOL Colin....
Here he was 11 years ago in 2004 when I first remember him:

"...Colin is the owner of a cell phone store. Among the accomplishments he is most proud of is getting Christie to fall in love with him, which he claims is better than being the top first-year dealer for a book publishing company in the United States. He also agrees that he and Christie are both very aggressive and “very outspoken and in-your-face.” However, he is a very open person who will talk to anyone, while Christie is extremely private..."

From his bio on Season 5 of the Amazing Race (I hate to admit I'm a fan of the show).

I know little about him overall I'm not really a fan of the shows just know what I've seen since DJI to 3dr now, but regaurdless hate him or love him he's done pretty good for himself over the past ten or fifteen years, can't say I'd pass up most of the opportunities he's had that I've heard about at least. I'd be pretty fn exited just to be in Malta getting paid to fly one of the few solos with a gimbal zippin around on quads for 3dr.

Same here. Totally different experience. For the better!!
Ha ha good I haven't mentioned it too much thought I may just be crazy but it seems like a new bird and i liked how it flew in the first place. Much quicker more precise control after though, glad your having the same added bonuses I did trying to get better signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela