Need a good Iris Plus parts distributor

Reaction score
I've had my Iris Plus just over a year now and of course a few weeks ago, had the worst crash I've had to date. It got caught in a tree and then fell out and destroyed the gimbal, snapped one of the arms and two of the props were sheared in half.

I thought to myself, "No problem, this is only a two year old product, someone will have the replacement parts online."

NOPE.

I just found out a few disconcerting things when I started searching for parts. . .

1 - 3DR will no longer have hardware support for this model. It's barely two year product and they've stopped making parts for it all together. They still have tech support thought thank god

2 - Finding parts for this Drone is next to impossible. After getting my Iris Plus back together, I ran a test flight and found out the rotor was probably damaged in the crash and now I need a replacement CCW rotor for it. I can't find one anywhere, and any places that do show them are listed as "on back order" which means they won't have them - ergo #1 reason in this list.

3 - The Solo will also not be supported much longer. 3DR is transitioning out of the consumer market and into the enterprise market. Recent layoffs and a pivot makes me think the Solo is not long for this world either terms of hardware support either.

So here I am, left to ask you guys if you know any online retailers that have a decent stock of parts for this Drone. It's frustrating to think this is not even two years old and there's ZERO hardware support for it. I need a $30 part and now am looking at buying another fully assembled drone in the neighborhood of $400 just get the part I need for my drone. Unreal.

So if anybody has any suggestions, let me know, I'm all ears at this point.

Kind of - they don't have any rotors though.

Northox is where the 3DR support person told me to check out too. I also have an email out to Northox to see if they have other parts that are not up on their site.

I know the guy let me point him your way
he had props if that is what you mean. I just bought a bunch for my x8 a while back.
but those are APC props and you could buy those direct

yeah he has motors I am fairly sure.
I messaged him and he said he would get back to you

Thanks man, I appreciate it! You probably are going to save me a few hundred dollars.

I love my Iris and it kills me I can't find parts for it.

You think I should get it repaired and then start looking for something else?

talk with Andrew at that site.
He can sort of advise you. I never owned an Iris. Got to know Andrew over at Northox after my X8 crashed and burned. He was a great source of parts when others did not have them
He will be the first to admit his biggest problem is getting all his parts listed on the web site

I ordered several IRIS+ parts late March 2018,
as of 08/30/2018 no delivery and no message's from "Andy" ...
actually the owner is/was andrew jensen,
anyone have a non northox email or telephone?
===
Andrew Jensen, Founder, Northox

Andrew Jensen
Founder at Northox
Andrew Jensen is Founder at Northox.
Prior to that he served as Chief Operating Officer at 3D Robotics,
the leading open source unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) technology company.

Reactions: ssasser
Oh my God I wish I had read this post before I also ordered parts from this low down dirty rat.
I can not get a reply and no shipment. Man up MF and either give me my stuff which I paid for...or take down that b******* website. I'm coming after you Jensen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc