NAB 2016 Post

Any hardware announcements yet? Anybody there on the floor whose seen the booth?

lots of pictures and video on FB
seen the tether sony camera flir camera new gimbal there was a solo there with lidar and optical flow

Man I guess I'm going to have to log back onto fb again it's been forever and I rarely used it then.

So can I just request an invite to he owners pages? I honestly have kinda been on a kind of fb boycott. Not cause I don't like fb in general more cause I don't care for the people that want to keep in touch that I never was friends with in the first place.

They certainly could charge, but my feeling is that the free updates are what sets them apart and validates their entire position of the Solo - that it's on-board computer allows this kind of improvements.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So forgive me if it's mentioned in the videos, but given the gauge of that wire/tether, is it safe to say it's AC from the box up the tether and is converted to DC onboard the Solo? Can't imagine they could send enough DC up a tether like that.

Don't really get the point of a tethered quad. how long is the tether?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Two main advantages - unlimited flight time (within reason), and the ability to use commercially without all the FAA requirements.

Not sure on this one, BUT I did see a project that had either a 100' or 200' tethered line.

Lots of applications for tether
just think anytime you need an aerial view longer than battery
Solo is not now nor ever been a direct phantom competitor. it is soooo much more capable and has many more applications

Reactions: Marty Westguard
  • sporting events and news coverage
  • security applications
  • civil applications
  • data acquisition
  • sky's the limit
So it seems that's more for commercial applications not for hobbyist. Even still it seems like a cord attached to a quad would hinder it more than help it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado