Multi-cablecam in Alpha

Reaction score
Correction...Alpha version...

Has anyone tried the new multicablecam smartshot in the latest Android alpha version (2.0.0-1)?

Multi cable cam? That sounds like awesome possibilities for complicated shots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Kevin Finisterre on the 3DR Solo Hacks group on FB.

MultiPoint Cable Cam is beign Alpha Tested...

YOU WILL LOSE CONVENTIONAL CABLECAM WHEN YOU UPDATE TO THIS VERSION.

Multipoint Cablecam (Requires app 2.0.0-x)
Dataflash logging
https://firmware-distribution.3dr.com/…/12/solo_2.0.0-1.tar…

Warning very limited testing has been done. Please test, and please test with caution.

YOU WILL LOSE CONVENTIONAL CABLECAM WHEN YOU UPDATE TO THIS VERSION.

Reactions: SteveReno
So 3DR updating the smart shots with Multi Point Cable Cam!
Can't wait for this new feature!
Imagine, having an autonomous flight & video with multi point shot's along the way!
Way to go 3DR!

Reactions: RichWest
I stopped using CableCam because I'm lucky to get one shot before I'm out of battery. If I'm shooting in a real life situation, like the outside of a building or bridge, with all stationary subjects, by the time I setup one shot, and then get the second shot setup, I'm almost out of battery. If anything goes wrong, and something almost always does, i may not even get the shot I want.

Flying Manual gives me 2x to 3x the battery life.

@Matt Chevalier You still haven't Notified 3DR about this problem?
Many people using these "Auto" features are getting normal flight time. 14 to 19 min per battery.
Many using Tower App & that is 100% autonomous flight.
Ether you need to reset your system to read your batteries levels correctly or you have a hardware problem.

Reactions: erikgraham
@Matt Chevalier You still haven't Notified 3DR about this problem?
Many people using these "Auto" features are getting normal flight time. 14 to 19 min per battery.
Many using Tower App & that is 100% autonomous flight.
Ether you need to reset your system to read your batteries levels correctly or you have a hardware problem.

No, everything functions fine, it's really just a matter of how much battery is required by the time you setup all your shots and get one that works. Hovering, and making fine tuned adjustments, especially in moderate wind conditions, uses much much more battery. Fighting a little wind, plus all the calculations and gps compared to putting the drone manual mode and letting it drift with the wind is a massive difference in battery time. Try it some time and you'll understand. I should mention also, I am referring to Multicam way points between 600' and 1600'.

No, everything functions fine, it's really just a matter of how much battery is required by the time you setup all your shots and get one that works. Hovering, and making fine tuned adjustments, especially in moderate wind conditions, uses much much more battery. Fighting a little wind, plus all the calculations and gps compared to putting the drone manual mode and letting it drift with the wind is a massive difference in battery time. Try it some time and you'll understand. I should mention also, I am referring to Multicam way points between 600' and 1600'.

I can respect your point of view. And if I was simply free shooting,I will absolutely give your idea a whirl. But most of the time I have specific shots in mind and allowing the solo to free float just doesn't achieve what I'm going for. But your point is valid about the battery. It's why I currently have 5 of them and 2 chargers.

If i need to capture, Let's say the statue of Liberty, & wanted to do a full circle, from a distance of 200 FT, Then another complete circle from 75 FT. then a fly by, All could be done with a multi shot with a couple of click & 1 battery "could be done now with Tower or MP"

If i had to stop, align & setup all these shots, i would go thur several batteries.
Give me automation & i will give you some GREAT shots.

From what i been reading, 3DR is coming out with some additional Shots, hopefully soon?

I stopped using CableCam because I'm lucky to get one shot before I'm out of battery. If I'm shooting in a real life situation, like the outside of a building or bridge, with all stationary subjects, by the time I setup one shot, and then get the second shot setup, I'm almost out of battery. If anything goes wrong, and something almost always does, i may not even get the shot I want.

Flying Manual gives me 2x to 3x the battery life.
Challenge. There is no way you can duplicate a smooth cable cam shot with changes in horizantal position and altitude as well as changes to camera tilt and yaw in manual mode - without a second operator to control the camera. If you can, then you are the best drone pilot in the world.

Reactions: SteveReno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea