No worries, I was just clearing up a common confusion I often see throughout this forum.

Reactions: SARDG
Thank you for the amazing instructions. I bought and installed the 800kv T Motors and I am very impressed. For the sake of playing around with odd prop combinations I have done some testing.

The testing I did is not extremely accurate because I was flying without any kind of payload. You might find the flight times interesting. All tests were conducted hovering at 10 feet with no movement.

T Motors 2216 800KV

No Payload

APC 10 X 3.8 SF - 19:13
APC 10 X 4.5 MR - 20:13
T Motor CF 10 X 3.3 - 19:07

Have you tested the MAS props for Solo? I just got mine but can't compare on the T-motors

If i did the mod to mine, i would swing Aeronaut props. I dont rate APC and the tmotor though of excellent build quality are in a stupid 3.3 pitch.

If the diy pod gets off the ground id use tbs 900kv v2s and the Aeronauts

not sure why you would need the pods for that.
I run the 900jv v2 and APC props now
they work fine with solo stock and APC props

The TBS 900kv motors are T motors in black paint, thats the only difference.
$160 for 4, including PAs that fit the stock Solo props is a good deal.
800kV or 900kV is not gong to make any significant difference as the stock Solo "Sunny-T" motors rpm/V is somewhere in between there anyway..
Pic copied from earlier in this thread.
imgp4646-jpg.2075
Can you use the stock props with these motors?

Can you use the stock props with these motors?
The stock props requires a 6mm threaded PA. The main conversation here has been to maintain compatibility with stock props. Even though this is a multi-page discussion, all the questions you've asked are answered within the thread. The read time is not huge if you filter most postings that are unrelated.
Are the stock Solo motors 800KV or 880KV??
880KV Here is the link to Roland's test results for the various motor/prop combo - Motors Swapped to T-Motor 2216-12 800kV And again, the first 10-15 pages are worth reading, as many replied with their results or additional questions.

so what's the total cost of converting one of these over? i got 40 props left hoping by the time i run out i'll convert mine :)

so what's the total cost of converting one of these over? i got 40 props left hoping by the time i run out i'll convert mine :)
What are you doing that would require so many props? I haven't broke a set since I got my Solo in May 2015. This statement was interesting: "i got 40 props left hoping by the time i run out "

Reactions: Solo Keith
$3.99 for a set i just stock up on spares. Just like my 2 uav and 3 gimbals and 6 batteries.

Any time you crash, you're guaranteed to lose at least 2. In my first month of owning it i had a couple of landing and manual landing practices go wrong. probably went through 8.

Yet another amazing "horn of plenty" on this forum. I've studied the entire thread in pure admiration of the amazing skills demonstrated by especially @RolandS888 and @RichWest (and the rest of you!). Found 10 pcs T-Motor 2216 800kV V2 at RCflight.se and ordered - all 10 :rolleyes: at $36.50 a piece...:D I'll supply those with the short PA's (CCW and CW) from TBS. As I've understood those fit the motors snugly, and support the stock props. Right?

What I still wonder about: Have anyone figured out a replacement ESC for the Solo? Any thread I've missed?

(Greetings from Norway....:))

Some of us with less than steady hands could benefit from finding someone for hire willing and able to do the soldering. I have the motors and extra pods but not the courage yet to tackle the fine work required! I view pods as too precious to butcher.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea