Magnetic interference

go into the initial setup tab and select mandatory hardware and click on compass you will see the leg compass its the first one that says external, un-check the "use this compass box" and restart solo

or you can try what paddles is suggesting first.....

You can reset the pixhawk in tower yes go into parameters and look for SYSID_SW_MREV the param will be set at 120 set to 0 and hit upload then restart solo, you will then need to do a level and compass calibration and set all the sliders to your default settings in the solo app

Last edited:
I reset the parameter. Now all it says is waiting for solo. I restarted the controller three times. On the second time it said please calibrate compass in the 3dr app. Is this normal?

If you're having difficulties connecting, power off everything, take the battery out of the controller for a few seconds and put it back in, and power everything up again. It should reconnect just fine. Nothing related to connections has been changed or reset. Resetting the parameters will however wipe all previous calibrations.
  • Do the level calibration first on a decently level surface, such as a table. For each orientation, place Solo down gently, and let it settle for about 5 seconds before clicking through to the next one. Once complete, reboot the Solo.
  • The compass calibration must be done outdoors and away from structures, vehicles, and other metal objects. Remove any magnetic jewelry or accessories. Once complete, you will need to reboot the solo before flying.

Reactions: RichWest
If you're having difficulties connecting, power off everything, take the battery out of the controller for a few seconds and put it back in, and power everything up again. It should reconnect just fine. Nothing related to connections has been changed or reset. Resetting the parameters will however wipe all previous calibrations.
  • Do the level calibration first on a decently level surface, such as a table. For each orientation, place Solo down gently, and let it settle for about 5 seconds before clicking through to the next one. Once complete, reboot the Solo.
  • The compass calibration must be done outdoors and away from structures, vehicles, and other metal objects. Remove any magnetic jewelry or accessories. Once complete, you will need to reboot the solo before flying.
Ok. Thanks! Will try that.

I have performed the above instructions, however, the green bar on the top of the screen will not move past halfway.

Is there anyway to override this and let me take off in manual mode?

No. If the compass won't calibrate after the reset, then the compass is probably broken.

Thanks! The compass calibrated in Tower but when I opened the 3dr solo app it still wanted me to calibrate. I will probably buy a new compass leg.

It likely did not actually calibrate in tower is is just a false completion in that app. To get you flying before you new leg arrives, you can unplug the compass from the carrier board, reboot, and do the compass calibration. It will utilize only the internal compass and likely calibrate just fine. It is not ideal, but it will work in a pinch.

Still not working. The little green bar won't move past halfway.

I did that. It still isn't working. Probably going to return/exchange it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela