Magnetic interference

Reaction score
I am having a somewhat unique problem. I am getting magnetic interference mornings on a brand new solo and it will not let me fly. I cannot figure out what could possibly be interfering. We do have an in ground dog fence. Could that he it? I also tried calibrating the compass manually and the little green bar on the top of the screen will not go more than halfway across no matter what I do. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: del6251
Turned off the fence no luck. We do have underground power lines as well. Is that a problem?

I was thinking, wh-what....

You could just have a bad compass connection, check your plug under the battery tray. Otherwise maybe bad compass, $10 from BH...

So pull out the battery, and unscrew the screws directly beneath it?

The plug was ok. I still have the warning. Would a factory reset help? In the app, it shows solo is facing the opposite direction that it really is.

Thanks for the help so far. It will say searching for GPS, stabilize, then fly, then magnetic interference right one after the other. Any ideas?

I might just order another leg... Sounds like a good plan right now

Possibly the compass is installed backwards, the flat side out is correct, pull the leg extension to reveal fully.

Good news and bad news. Good news is, I appear to have fixed it.
Bad news, I am not really sure how it happened. I played with the battery while it was out of the solo. I put it back in and yay! No more warning! (Although I am indoors)

Reactions: RichWest
Go for the new compass we are getting "OLDER" every day. Go fly,have fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela