Low Battery Alarm in ALL my Batteries

Reaction score
I'm at my wits end...I've searched this group, YouTube, 3DR Pilots Forum, just about everywhere I can think of to solve why my Solo gives out the low battery warning no matter which battery I have in it, I have 5 batteries. Some batteries are fully charged some are at the recommended storage level, but the battery level displayed in Solex for all the batteries shows 99% with 0.4V/0.3A.

I've tried a factory reset and nothing!! I hope I don't have a fancy paperweight.

Is there hope for me or am I just plain screwed?? HELP!!!

TIA

Hi

this does happen if the capacity of the battery is less than 2500mAh or so. I dont know the exact number. Or maybe it has another cause.

What you could do is power up your Solo and read with Tower app or MissionPlanner the parameters of the Pixhawk in Solo and read the parameter BATT_CAPACITY. This will tell you the mAh of the fully charged battery.

After doing this with all five batteries post the results here. Maybe a recalibration of the batteries helps to get higher and accurate mAh.

It appears you run the batteries too low.

The only possible way would be to remove the battery pack view the lipo rehab videos on YouTube. Note the fire tisk.
Buy a smart charger like the Tiger Ace.
Setup an area outdoors in in a location in you basement where a potential fire won't spread.

I recovered a 3000mah battery that I use in my HK CloudSurfer using this method. I already owned the smart charger.

If I didn't own one I would just buy a battery.

A new battery for $30 is a lot cheaper than a visit to the psychiatrist-
Save yourself some mental anguish and spring for a new battery and see if this solves your issue.

Reactions: JBAlaska
Hi

this does happen if the capacity of the battery is less than 2500mAh or so. I dont know the exact number. Or maybe it has another cause.

What you could do is power up your Solo and read with Tower app or MissionPlanner the parameters of the Pixhawk in Solo and read the parameter BATT_CAPACITY. This will tell you the mAh of the fully charged battery.

After doing this with all five batteries post the results here. Maybe a recalibration of the batteries helps to get higher and accurate mAh.
To my knowledge BATT_CAPACITY does not read the capacity of a battery but is a parameter preset with the capacity you are flying so a determination can be made of how much you have left in the battery while flying. I believe your information is not accurate. I think BATT_CAPACITY should be 5200.

Last edited:
Thank you all who took the time to read and reply. I did a paramater reset in Mission Planner and this corrected the issue. Thanks again.

To my knowledge BATT_CAPACITY does not read the capacity of a battery but is a parameter preset with the capacity you are flying so a determination can be made of how much you have left in the battery while flying. I believe your information is not accurate. I think BATT_CAPACITY should be 5200.
Yes it does. At every boot it reads from the smart battery the remaining capacity and writes it to the parameter BATT_CAPACITY on the Pixhawk.

Interesting, what might have cause the issue.

Reactions: Kiraniv Group
Complete Parameter List — Copter documentation. No. It has never been that way. This is preset depending on the rated capacity of the battery. Been that way for 6 years or more. More than likely the BATT CAPACITY parameter was changed as it should be 5200 for a Solo

I know. But I am right. At least with my Solo. What I did:

1. Power on Solo
2. Read parameter BATT_CAPACITY (in my case 39xxmAh) with MP
3. Change it to 5200mAh
4. Refresh the parameters and check that it changed
5. Power cycle Solo
6. Read the parameter again and I found that the parameter showed 39xxmAh again

I know. But I am right. At least with my Solo. What I did:

1. Power on Solo
2. Read parameter BATT_CAPACITY (in my case 39xxmAh) with MP
3. Change it to 5200mAh
4. Refresh the parameters and check that it changed
5. Power cycle Solo
6. Read the parameter again and I found that the parameter showed 39xxmAh again
Leave it at 5200 with a stock battery. I'm out.

Leave it at 5200 with a stock battery. I'm out.
It does not work like that because the stock battery will have less capacity over time. If it were always at 5200mAh that would be very dangerous and a lot of crashes would happen. Please do the steps above and you will see.

Last time. The parameter for the Solo should be 5200. The battery then reports to the Algorithm to determine the percentage of charge. Keep in mind the battery reports its best idea of its capacity to be calculated and give the Solo and its user the percentage of battery left. READ THE DOC'S.

Last time. The parameter for the Solo should be 5200. The battery then reports to the Algorithm to determine the percentage of charge. Keep in mind the battery reports its best idea of its capacity to be calculated and give the Solo and its user the percentage of battery left. READ THE DOC'S.
This is getting too stupid.

There I encountered exactly this "problem" with the BMS and batteries with more than 5200mAh. Thank you I dont need your help.

Just set the BATT CAPACITY to what the expected MH capacity is of a dumb battery is and you will be in the ball park. Do it all the time with my boat and large heli. The algorithm uses Voltage to make a lot of decisions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc