Low Battery Alarm Beeping - Fully Charged Battery

Reaction score
I have seven batteries, only one Beeps "Low Battery Alarm" on the Solo even though it is 100% charged and flies for +12mins. All LEDs lit on battery at initialization of turning on Solo. I've Google Searched (and searched this forum) on Battery Calibration vs. this particular alarm, and I don't seem to be finding the right answer to correct the issue. Battery reports +16V (at start-up) and Solo flies fine, just a continuous beeping tone on this one Battery. Anyone know the solution?

By the, way operating on Open Solo 3.0.0 and Solex 1.7.4. Non-green cube. No other mods.

Maybe your data terminals on the battery are dirty or mucked up. Give them a look and/or give them a cleaning. Otherwise the "smarts" maybe messed up....

Even on the one battery that is creating a low battery alarm? The alarm will sound if the voltage is below 14 volts or the capacity remaining is less than 520mah. So if the voltage is above 14, I would surmise the pack is shot and the total capacity it has must be less than 520mah. If you fly, I bet it tanks and only lasts a few minutes.

Reactions: Michael Lione
Even on the one battery that is creating a low battery alarm? The alarm will sound if the voltage is below 14 volts or the capacity remaining is less than 520mah. So if the voltage is above 14, I would surmise the pack is shot and the total capacity it has must be less than 520mah. If you fly, I bet it tanks and only lasts a few minutes.
No battery, is good, able to fly for 12+ minutes, and I can watch the voltage via the App and it stays strong (well over 14V). So as mentioned above, maybe the comm terminals are bad. I'll try some contact cleaner.

I thought perhaps a battery calibration might be necessary??? If so, wondering about the process to do that.

IIRC when I had data wire issues, intermittent connection, once a battery alarm is tripped, the only means to reset was to land and disarm Solo. Even after the alarm, the battery data would indicate correct voltage and %, and did not initiate a RTH. It was an odd failure as it was intermittent.

I ended up rebuilding the battery data wire assembly, never had the issue again....

To the OP's case, sounds like the battery, being that 1 of 7 has the issue...

Curious, are you using either the SoloTool or MadHacker battery tester?

Reactions: mbol4608
IIRC when I had data wire issues, intermittent connection, once a battery alarm is tripped, the only means to reset was to land and disarm Solo. Even after the alarm, the battery data would indicate correct voltage and %, and did not initiate a RTH. It was an odd failure as it was intermittent.

I ended up rebuilding the battery data wire assembly, never had the issue again....

To the OP's case, sounds like the battery, being that 1 of 7 has the issue...

Curious, are you using either the SoloTool or MadHacker battery tester?
I have not used SoloTool or MadHacker battery tester. Just Googled both, the SoloTool seems like a nifty tool I should pick-up. And they sell the Solotool charging adapter(s) which would work great with my 4-place Lipo charger.

My question regarding the SoloTool or MadHacker battery tester was more of a mechanical question...if in fact the battery's data terminals were damaged in some way... I have neither of the tools.

Please post back after cleaning and inspection, it's just a curiosity at this point...

I have same problem but with 2 batteries. Was going to post to see if anyone else had this issue. Only happens on my Green Cube, Open Solo bird. Switching to my stock solo and there’s no low batt alarm and will fly just fine . Weird.

To Fly Solo with 3+ year old packs your really should have a tester to check your mAh per Peddles good guidance. A bricked cell in the pack can easily be the culprit. Holds up at rest and then crashes under load. As to Battery Calibration; works if you have a weak pack not a doorstop. All said and done it never hurts to try. Costs nothing.

Battery Calibration

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc