Looking for Help/advice new enthusiast

Reaction score
Durring a clearing of an office space with items doomed for the dump my son came across a 3dr solo that had been crashed and never flown again. After some quick tinkering the unit powered and shut down. It seems that it never made it past start up due to a fault. After removing motors individually we found #2 was stopping it from signing on.

With 1,3,4 attached plane logged in and even flipped over (lol) but thats not the desired results. Plugging in motor 2 it started to smoke from a chip on motor board....the chip was chipped from either debris or the crash.....does anyone have an old board from one of these beauties. The plane still has power out to the pod and still communicates... For that matter the motor seems to still have the same magnetic resistance to force as the rest. Another question would be the camera? What camera do i need to get in order to use this the way it is

I would buy a new motor pod for it. They’re modular and easily swapped. Be sure its the correct replacement. CW or CW. It should match the motor diagonally front to back.

If you repair /reuse your chances are much greater of another failure .After suffering a disabling crash its Much safer to put in a new motor. Just my $0.02

Reactions: Robertmwilbursr
I would buy a new motor pod for it. They’re modular and easily swapped. Be sure its the correct replacement. CW or CW. It should match the motor diagonally front to back.

If you repair /reuse your chances are much greater of another failure .After suffering a disabling crash its Much safer to put in a new motor. Just my $0.02

I agree with Ed. Buy a motor pod on eBay. A GoPro 4 Black would be a good camera if the gimbal is still functional. And Ed meant to say "CW or CCW". :cool:

Reactions: Robertmwilbursr

Thank you. I was able to find a parts bird. Who sells parts for these things these days. I'm about to need a license to fly this thing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986