Isolated black videofeed to the gimbal -- what's my next move?

Reaction score
So i've been having issues with my videofeed appearing on my phone. I just disassembled and tried bypassing the gimbal and was able to get videofeed to appear, so I've isolated the issue to the gimbal.

I've double-checked the hdmi & data cable connections to the gimbal and they seem good. The gimbal powers on, moves around, stabilizes, etc. The drone powers on and flies. What am I missing? Do I just have a faulty gimbal and need to get a new one?

My drone has been through a couple crashes where it's flipped upside down after landing and smashed into a wall -- but only broke the props.

Any help is appreciated!

1 - how did you bypass the gimbal? 2 - what kind of camera, and what firmware is it running?

1 - how did you bypass the gimbal? 2 - what kind of camera, and what firmware is it running?
sDisasmbled the solo an

Disassembled the solo and connected the GoPro directly to the mHDMI connected to the motherboard (this cord is usually connected to the gimball, and you connec the camera to the gimball to connect to the motherboard)

GoPro Hero 4 Black -- on bootup it says it's 1.02.01 -- never did an update after purchasing it back in April last year -- has worked fine up until recently

-- has worked fine up until recently
so you're saying that it DID worked with the gimbal at one point?? If so, was it working just up to the point where you had a crash? If so, I bet the gimbal board has gotten damaged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc