How customizable is the solo control layout?

Reaction score
Ordered mine early May, still haven't received it so situation is a bit fubar right now but I'd like some insight from those who own a unit. Is there anyway you can change the layout of the controls, I was trying it at best buy and thought itd be great to have altitude control on the upper left hand trigger while the entire left stick could be used to control the full camera movement, just seems simpler.....

Ordered mine early May, still haven't received it so situation is a bit fubar right now but I'd like some insight from those who own a unit. Is there anyway you can change the layout of the controls, I was trying it at best buy and thought itd be great to have altitude control on the upper left hand trigger while the entire left stick could be used to control the full camera movement, just seems simpler.....
Nope. It is what it is ;)

I think you can, but I'm not sure if 3DR will support their warranty if you tinker with their standard settings.

Here's a web page that can tell you how to do it, but I'm not going to tell you which details to change (since I'm not sure which channels/controls are which):

http://dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/solo/#changing_the_controller_to_mode-1

You won't be changing to a 'mode 1' layout, but this should give you the data you need to figure out how to change stick and control IDs to something other than the stock setup.

You may have to dig in the PixHawk, PX4 details and documentation a bit to find the info that you are looking for, but my guess is that it's all there somewhere.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Don't break or crash anything! ;)

I think you can, but I'm not sure if 3DR will support their warranty if you tinker with their standard settings.

Here's a web page that can tell you how to do it, but I'm not going to tell you which details to change (since I'm not sure which channels/controls are which):

http://dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/solo/#changing_the_controller_to_mode-1

You won't be changing to a 'mode 1' layout, but this should give you the data you need to figure out how to change stick and control IDs to something other than the stock setup.

You may have to dig in the PixHawk, PX4 details and documentation a bit to find the info that you are looking for, but my guess is that it's all there somewhere.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Don't break or crash anything! ;)

in fear of voiding my warranty I think I'll just deal with it.
Sure do hope that becomes a feature in the future because it would make using the camera
much more precise. I feel the pressure control on the sticks is way more precise than the one on the little trigger on top... but here's to hoping. thanks guys

Honestly I think you want to get used to the industry standard. If you burn something in to your brain it becomes second nature. When you change quads (which you will eventually) when the time comes you need that second nature response its going to bite you in the rear.

Reactions: Raybro
Honestly I think you want to get used to the industry standard. If you burn something in to your brain it becomes second nature. When you change quads (which you will eventually) when the time comes you need that second nature response its going to bite you in the rear.

100% agree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc