Lost control on solo

I think it's worth pointing out that this problem is not GPS specific or even Drone brand/model specific. DJI, 3DR, or anything else. They are all vulnerable. Relying totally on GPS in every location and situation is almost certainly the cause of 10's of thousands of drone crashes... and very disgruntled "pilots" who are then quick to criticize the manufacturer.
I'm gonna assume you FLY 3D?!!! and if so- what's your training regimen

I'm gonna assume you FLY 3D?!!! and if so- what's your training regimen

I've been flying RC Helis for almost 20 years. Although I don't consider myself to be a 3D Heli pilot, I fly loops and rolls and can fly around inverted. Advanced 3D maneuvers are beyond me on my real Heli's, although I do a LOT better on a Simulator;)
Funny you mention the WLToys V383. I've been watching that thing on GearBest. It was $99 about two weeks ago and I had it in my cart. I hesitated and when I went back to it is was $119. That's still much less than you can buy it anywhere else, and a heck of a deal considering it is a clone of the Curtis Youngblood Stingray that costs a LOT more!

How do you like it? I've read that the battery life is pretty poor. No surprising though.

Reactions: CAMXPOSURE
Always mind that people say what ever and maybe don’t necessarily know what they’re talking about or someone might have different issues than another- just like figuring out people “FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF”
I dropped it flying about 3’ and knocked the shaft and the key way loose rendering the drive gear to spin- just a tightening but aimed to get GearBest to make good on it being ( why do I have to tighten-everything down... I’m not a wltoys assembler ;))
I’ll mod it with carbon fiber tubing as it’s aluminum and put a payload on it
And my 3DR solo- ebay find - flies awesome and its Rev.A

Belt drive, variable pitch very interesting, what does it look like now? Still flying this beast?
the solo just came the other day so it's sitting for now- waiting on gearbest to follow up if they're gonna act to return it or something based on a simple fix I'm holding them to - the main pulley loosened and I showed them as far as a current problem which I didn't want to lead to another- otherwise it flies as good as you are a pilot if any, which I'm not currently- IN TIME

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl