Solo is still the best Follow Drone

Reaction score
With over 1,000 flights I semi-retired my 4 year old Solo. After knocking the camera off my H, then my Anafi controller battery dieing I whipped out Solo#1.

It was over 100 degrees out so I ran 10" MA props instead of the 11" APC's. I forget how good Solo is in Follow. It's so easy to do Follow orbits with complete override control, 50 feet or 1/2 mile out. Using my barometer equipped Mini 4 going up a steep grade at 25 MPH orbiting is easy, nothing else I own can do this and DJI Active Track is not only dangerous but Romper Room compared to the vintage Solo.

Ticks me off 3DR blew it, Solo was far ahead of it's time and still better than most drones on the market; for autonomous moves that is. I don't need OA, VPS... all Nanny stuff that gets in the way.

Here's Solo#1 this week following up a trail orbiting while compensating for altitude. I oversaturated this footage but you get the point, orbits at 3:50.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Vegasrobbi - Well I'm super impressed with the video. In fact, though I know you were talking about the cooling capabilities and radiator design grill openings on the JK, I was well distracted enjoying and watching the flying skills!

So I have a group of us that ride offroad, mostly Can Ams and RZRs and I've been a dronie for 5years and never shot such impressive video.

May I ask, during the low-level sweeps back and forth close-ups on the Jeep in front, was that the Solo or the "H" footage? I assume by "H" you mean Typhoon? What was amazing was how close to the ground you were flying - I take it you must have been the passenger as the pilot?

Great video, I enjoyed it, especially also being from the Vegas area and can ALSO appreciate flying in the heat.

Those were Solo shots, the Typhonn H is good for higher speeds(45 mph). Unfortunattly I fly low sometimes so I knocked off the H camera for a third time(in for repair), I'm flying Solo here.

Setting Waypoint speed from 1,000 to 2,000 in MP increased Follow speed to over 30 MPH .

Reactions: Wetstone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea