Sport mode: explain some things for me

Here is longer video. I can try to get dataflash log tomorrow as I know nothing about them. This is not an issue in other Fly Modes, and not really a problem as it's kind of fun.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hi
After reading this I went out to try it myself. My bird does the same. I don't think it is a fault I think that in sports mode it cuts out the motors or almost cuts them out so that people could get a quick altitude drop if necessary in a race. (Of course I could be wrong and we both have Faulty solos).

I had forgotten all about this. The throttle cut with the stick all the way down appears to be the same behavior as in stabilize mode. All motors go to minimum RPM and it will not make any attempt to level or stabilize the copter. It is not supposed to do that in sport mode. At least not in the current master version of ArduCopter. Who knows wtf is on the custom 3dr version that is over 2 yrs old now.

I had forgotten all about this. The throttle cut with the stick all the way down appears to be the same behavior as in stabilize mode. All motors go to minimum RPM and it will not make any attempt to level or stabilize the copter. It is not supposed to do that in sport mode. At least not in the current master version of ArduCopter. Who knows wtf is on the custom 3dr version that is over 2 yrs old now.

I was using the 3dr app (still haven't gotten around to upgrading autopilot system and all that) To be honest I think that the propellers should be moving just enough to keep the bird stabilised. Obviously arducopter has the right idea.

The app doesn't matter. It's the ArduCopter firmware. The stock solo ArduCopter firmware is really old, probably almost 3yrs old now actually. Sport mode may have been different back then. Or it may have been a big in the firmware back then.

No, the Solo was in Sport mode all the time. After dropping down like a rock, it autolevels itself after I release throttle (being held down). It only happens if I quickly pull it down. It descreases altitude as intended when I gently pull it down.
I also tried banking right and pulling throttle all the way down. It almost did a barrel roll, plummeted to the ground, leveled itself couple feet before the ground but hit the ground and flew right back up.
I will make a better video when it's not so cold out!
What are your speed settings on. Do you pull them back very slow or do you keep them set as normal as in regular fly mode?

What are your speed settings on. Do you pull them back very slow or do you keep them set as normal as in regular fly mode?
That post is almost a year old, and that Poster has not been here for a while,

maxim129b
Male, from US and A maxim129b was last seen: Jun 22, 2017

I'm sure he would of appreciated any help though, maybe he crashed his solo??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc