Here are some sample gimbal shots.

Reaction score
I've been really enjoying the Solo.
The gimbal has made life a dream. If anyone wants to see some sample footage check out some recent posts I have made on my site. Mostly shot in Utah where I am going to school, but I should be getting some nice scenics from up in Canada when I head home sometime this fall. Cheers!
--->>> Droning in Utah

The gimbal has made life a dream. If anyone wants to see some sample footage check out some recent posts I have made on my site. Mostly shot in Utah where I am going to school, but I should be getting some nice scenics from up in Canada when I head home sometime this fall. Cheers!
--->>> Droning in Utah
Sweet..!!!

Reactions: brett
--->>> Droning in Utah
Very cool clips!

Jason, great footage! I particularly like the footage in (provo canyon?) Thanks for sharing! (A former Utahn).

--->>> Droning in Utah
I think you nailed it. Cool quick videos. Nicely color corrected.

Personally, I think the dirty secret of drone video is that drone videos are boring. It's something most of us (including me) don't want to admit... but usually anything over 7 seconds is too long. Your videos are interesting and short. Perfect in my opinion.

I think you nailed it. Cool quick videos. Nicely color corrected.

Personally, I think the dirty secret of drone video is that drone videos are boring. It's something most of us (including me) don't want to admit... but usually anything over 7 seconds is too long. Your videos are interesting and short. Perfect in my opinion.

I don't think Arial photography is made to do a hole Motion picture !
It's made to get the shots that you couldn't get filming from the ground..that's why you have Smart shots for example..there short and sweet and perfect shots to add to your motion picture !!

Fly Smart
Fly Safe
Fly 3DR

Thanks for the comments guys! Ya I really love the instagram format of trying to squeeze in something interesting into a 15 second limit. I do however think there is a neat challenge to be had from trying to make a longer real of straight aerial footage. Im working on one now but it definitely takes some editing skill to make it interesting. Like others have said, drone footage is best used when just sprinkling on top of other "normal" shots.
Also Id like to point out that the most engaging shots you ever take with your drone will need to include elements of foreground, mid, and background. The foreground elements help to bring you into the moment, making it feel less like a shot from a copter.

ya those mountain shots were just past Vivian park, in and up the road a little bit.
Nice work Jason. Made me a bit homesick to see those mountains. I think I was 10 or 11 years old before I realized Orem was NOT named after my Aunt Ora who lived there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso