GoPro pink corner fix

He also had a second account here, which he used to make posts agreeing with himself. Not surprised he's on facebook whining about it. He probably has a few accounts over there too.

I unfollowed the Facebook Solo Owner's Group. It was overrun and no longer fun. I'm still a member, but I do not read it or get notifications. I turned off notifications in the Mod Club group, and just read through it. The Mod Club group is starting just be the BS overflow from the owner's group for lazy people. Someone didn't answer their question about what Best Buy sale to use in five minutes on the owners group, so they post it in the Mod Club too. It's sad. Both groups used to be lots of fun and very useful. Now it's just the same lazy people questions repeated 10 times per day. The only group I have followed and notifications on for is the Solex group.

Cool, back to the topic at hand now...
Something is in the works. I'll post my findings once I'm finished - either successful or not.

So I'm guessing you didn't find anything.

Last edited:
nope. i even had a few friends look into it. basically the fix is linked to their server where they implement a 14 digit lock code (gopro serial #) and that then activates the altered FW to DL to a thumb drive. then you flash the gopro with said thumb drive. after about a week of failing i just paid the $50 to peau. Sry. i was pretty confident i could fix this. i was wrong.

Reactions: spartaHawk
Just don't follow the internet tutorial that has you take the whole camera apart. It's a 10-15 minute job if you just take the outer lens collar off (it snaps off easily) then unscrew the lens. Screw the new lens in. The biggest part is getting an accurate focus (watching the focus through a HDMI connect monitor), then locking the lens where it is in focus I used a little piece of window-screen rubber between the lens and the lens collar.

Hope that helps.

Why does anyone even recommend taking apart the camera then if it's unecessary?

i dont understand your question. whos recommending to take apart he camera?

i dont understand your question. whos recommending to take apart he camera?

Sorry that question wasn't necessarily directed at you, but rather the person I quoted. Taking apart the GoPro to swap the lens is just what Peau and others tell you to do. As shown in this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Since you're online, I'll ask if you did the swap without opening the camera?

i did not open the camera. pliers with electrical tape and a small precision flat head screw driver (to pry ring around lens off). some plumbers tape around the threads to hold focus on new lens.

Sorry that question wasn't necessarily directed at you, but rather the person I quoted. Taking apart the GoPro to swap the lens is just what Peau and others tell you to do. As shown in this video.
Since you're online, I'll ask if you did the swap without opening the camera?
This is the video I always recommended. Fast, easy and she's cute too..:D

This is the video I always recommended.

What do you think of this response to that method by Peau Productions? They seem to think doing this breaks some small tabs that will require adhesive later if it's going to hold on well.Screenshot from 2017-02-01 14:50:27.png

What do you think of this response to that method by Peau Productions? They seem to think doing this breaks some small tabs that will require adhesive later if it's going to hold on well.View attachment 5241
I've taken 4 or 5 lenses in and out and not broke anything. Do what you want. Just telling you what works for me and others..

if you're not careful (with anything you're assembling or dismantling), things can break if you're not careful enough. But consider these two points here, and then im done...

1) There are lots of youtube videos showing you how to do the task WITHOUT them breaking anything. Seriously, full disassemble and reassemble like the video above.
2) consider the source of that information. They are in business to sell a service you're asking if you can do by yourself. sit back and think about their answer for a moment before you read on.....

If you want to spend the money to have them do the work (still voids warranty), by all means go that route. All we're trying to tell you is that you have other options.

Good luck in your decision making.

What do you think of this response to that method by Peau Productions? They seem to think doing this breaks some small tabs that will require adhesive later if it's going to hold on well.View attachment 5241

+1 on not taking the GoPro apart to change lens and nothing has broken on me i have done this several times ..... however i purchased the Peau productions pink eye removal software tool , which i could not get working i have been intouch with Peau many many many times and they cannot help me in the end they just stopped replying to my emails and did not issue a refund , so now i am stuck with Pink eye unless i change the lens back to the original

i purchased the Peau productions pink eye removal software tool , which i could not get working i have been intouch with Peau many many many times and they cannot help me in the end they just stopped replying to my emails and did not issue a refund , so now i am stuck with Pink eye unless i change the lens back to the original

that sucks. do you think you entered the serial number incorrectly when you originally ordered the SW?

For what its worth, here's a link to an overlay you can use in post to get the pink hue gone. (you may already have this, if so then possibly another user can utilize this feature. Download is about halfway down the page)

4.35mm Lens Mod for GoPro Hero 4

+1 on not taking the GoPro apart to change lens and nothing has broken on me i have done this several times ..... however i purchased the Peau productions pink eye removal software tool , which i could not get working i have been intouch with Peau many many many times and they cannot help me in the end they just stopped replying to my emails and did not issue a refund , so now i am stuck with Pink eye unless i change the lens back to the original
Wow. Those guys are really usually so helpful. I'm kind of shocked.

Reactions: SARDG
I've had mixed experiences with Peau, it just depends on whom you're dealing with.

I placed an order a while back for a couple of Back-Bone, RibCage (Non-Air) Mod Kits, which weren't available, but were still listed on their site for sale. The order also included some other items. Consequently, I canceled that order. After the fact, I place another order for some accessories and although the order was process, charged and paid in full, they didn't ship it.

Finally, after a couple of weeks, I called to inquire and their response was, that because I canceled a previous order they were unsure whether I wanted the second order. Considering that it had been charged and paid for, it would seem reasonable to assume that I wanted the merchandise. Evidently, they thought I was providing a donation to their retirement fund.

In reference to lens changes, the 5.4mm lens has a longer back focal length than the stock lens and requires the lense to protrude further out of the lens mount. The standard GoPro mount is not threaded the entire length of the mount and consequently support for the 5.4mm lens is quite limited. Using a fully threaded lense mount, such as Peau's SuperMount, adds considerable stability to the lens and as a result, will produce smoother footage. If you experience jello in your sequences with the 5.4mm lens, that can't be attributed to shutter speed, the mount might very well be the culprit.

Obviously, changing lens mounts does require disassembly of the camera. I have performed two RibCage mods, which require complete teardown of the camera. With good lighting, a quality set of precision screwdrivers and patience, the lens mount modification can be performed by anyone.

While a simple lens removal can be accomplished without disassembly of the camera, the lens is glued into the mount and some of that residual glue will likely fall onto the sensor, either while removing the stock lens or when installing the new lens. Be sure that all the residual cured glue, has been removed from the lens mount threads and the sensor, before installing your new lens.

What does the "lens_vendor" parameter control? ?

Usage: t camdata <nv|mfg> <param> [<set-value>]
nv params:
wifi_mac
bt_mac
cam_sn
cam_pn
crc
len
ver
mfg params:
site_result
lens_vendor
crc
len

Greetings to friends!
I am dealing with this issue myself, and I came to a conclusion!
Perhaps our friends from PEAU just change the infrared filter in the lens?
I went to the trade store for lenses for outdoor cameras, and tried on different lenses.
And in some lenses there was a pink vignette and in some a completely pink image!
Googling, I learned that the pink shade is obtained in the near infrared range.

What do you think about this?
Инфракрасная фотография — Википедия

Incidentally, the 10mp lens you got is going to be soft. You need to go over the camera's rated mp with these replacements. I think they inflate the mp ratings on purpose. In your case, 10mp is already the minimum for GoPro video, but underrated for GoPro 12mp photos. Since it's probably not really even a true 10mp lens, your video is going to be soft and your photos very blurry compared to a stock lens. You can go nuts for awhile trying to make sure you've got it focused, but at a certain point you might want to look at the 16mp Peau 3.97mm. It is very sharp.

I don't understand how a lens can have a MP rating . . . can you clarify?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela