GoPro pink corner fix

this solution does not change sharpness and colorimetry ? all is as with the original lens?

this solution does not change sharpness and colorimetry ? all is as with the original lens?

the fix does not image quality at all. it simply disables the color correction that the gopro has on by default. the lens you install will determine the sharpness and/or image quality.

What's the best lens for hefo4 on drone ? 606? To take lands video.
thanks

has anyone successfully used an autoexec.ash script on a hero 3+ with the latest firmware?

I haven't a 3+.
I hear it works?
Yeah per the github page it should work. Looking at the FAQ the only thing I can think of why it's not working is the SDK card itself, but I tried two and they do not work. Here's the code:

t app CONFIG_LENS_OEM=n

So, I just ordered a new peau 3.37 GoPro replacement lens and went searching for a solution to the pink hue SW/FW fix without sending the GoPro in for the edit.

I'm not all that savvy with hacking just yet, but I stumbled across this:
http://goprouser.freeforums.org/autoexec-ash-in-v3-0-0-possible-t22731.html#p120687
(Start 3 comments down)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we revert the GoPro hero4xxxxxx firmware back to v3.0, apply a patch accompanied with a custom firmware (assuming it's the beta version everyone has been after), then we should be able to gain access to the root shell via wifi and a telnet server, right?

Any one of you brave hackers willing to give the hack a go and see if we can finally correct this issue via the SW and not with all the bandaid fixes I've seen?

So, I just ordered a new peau 3.37 GoPro replacement lens and went searching for a solution to the pink hue SW/FW fix without sending the GoPro in for the edit.

GoPro Forum • View topic - Autoexec.ash in V3.0.0 possible?
(Start 3 comments down)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we revert the GoPro hero4xxxxxx firmware back to v3.0, apply a patch accompanied with a custom firmware (assuming it's the beta version everyone has been after), then we should be able to gain access to the root shell via wifi and a telnet server, right?

Any one of you brave hackers willing to give the hack a go and see if we can finally correct this issue via the SW and not with all the bandaid fixes I've seen?
It's for the hero 4 silver, Not Black edition.

Peau pops in here often & says, almost impossible to crack the code for this fix. They sound very proud of that fact.
Hope this helps...

It's for the hero 4 silver, Not Black edition.

Peau pops in here often & says, almost impossible to crack the code for this fix. They sound very proud of that fact.
Hope this helps...
Well, I have the Hero4 silver. Two actually. If someone with confidence could walk me thru the process (via PM), I can try to write up a better detailed process here.

The last thing I hacked was a Samsung V210, and it wasn't a pleasant experience, but I suspect the FW I cracked it into was buggy. Anywho, consider me a noob at current hacking techniques.

Would be nice if there was a way I could restore factory FW too. Even if "ghosting" my other Hero4 silver is the solution.

Hope this helps...

Did I mention I too have a cocky competitive side. Sounds more like a challenge than a boast to me.

From the little that i read, all we need to do is add autoexec.ash to the SD card with the appropriate commands.
CONFIG_LENS_OEM = n , but i think there is other commands need to go with this?
Here is a guy that changed other settings in a GP3B using this method.

GoPro Forum • View topic - Autoexec.ash in V3.0.0 possible?
(Start 3 comments down)

I've spoke with GoPro multiple times about making this a function on the camera and their final reply was it can be done by simply adjusting settings on the Hero 4's on up. I think the older stuff is pretty much covered. You can get the same lens on ebay for $12. I just installed my 4.35mm 72 degree 10mp and changed some settings on the camera and it works great. No pink border at all. Going to do some snow filming hopefully tomorrow if it snows hard enough.

I've spoke with GoPro multiple times about making this a function on the camera and their final reply was it can be done by simply adjusting settings on the Hero 4's on up. I think the older stuff is pretty much covered. You can get the same lens on ebay for $12. I just installed my 4.35mm 72 degree 10mp and changed some settings on the camera and it works great. No pink border at all. Going to do some snow filming hopefully tomorrow if it snows hard enough.
huh. what settings did you change? protune=off? whaite balance=native?

huh. what settings did you change? protune=off? whaite balance=native?

Protune on, white balance, medium, 400 ISO, 60fps, 1080p (not superwide). I'm still learning the protune software but any editing software will allow you to maximize the footage or snapshots.

Very curious as to your results in the snow. Here is a shot from my H4B with Peau 4.35 prior to lens profile removal via software, Protune on and settings not to different from yours.

IMG_5497.JPG

Setting a 4K camera for 1080P so it can't see the pink corners is not fixing the pink corners. Also, a $12 lens of unknown origin is hardly "the same lens". You do not know where it came from, who made it, what specs it meats, or if it is even what it says. You get what you pay for. If it worked, you got lucky.

Very curious as to your results in the snow. Here is a shot from my H4B with Peau 4.35 prior to lens profile removal via software, Protune on and settings not to different from yours.

View attachment 4951

I saw this shot. It's awesome. The weather here looks pretty crappy so I am hopeful that I may have some snow to shoot this week. :D I don't think the software took to your install or their install. It definitely still looks very pink around the edges.

Last edited:
Setting a 4K camera for 1080P so it can't see the pink corners is not fixing the pink corners. Also, a $12 lens of unknown origin is hardly "the same lens". You do not know where it came from, who made it, what specs it meats, or if it is even what it says. You get what you pay for. If it worked, you got lucky.

I know exactly where it came from and when you change the FOV from over 120 degrees to 72, and adjust the settings in the camera correctly, you absolutely can eliminate the pink border. GoPro will even tell you this.

Pedals,

Are you still mad at me for misposting??? :(

My pink corners were alleviated after discussions with Peau and use of their updated remote lens profile removal software. Well worth the $50, imo. And the newer Mac friendly version is soooooo damn easy. No more command prompt monitoring on an old PC. Now my snow shots are anything but rosy.

IMG_5550.PNG

I agree. For the $50 it costs, you're getting it done right, and not torpedoing the image quality by reducing the resolution. That's a gorgeous picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela