GoPro pink corner fix

My pink corners were alleviated after discussions with Peau and use of their updated remote lens profile removal software. Well worth the $50, imo. And the newer Mac friendly version is soooooo damn easy. No more command prompt monitoring on an old PC. Now my snow shots are anything but rosy.

so you went with Peau's service. do you remember what the turn around time was when you sent in your GP?

i have a few really good programmer friends that i have asked to look into this. one of them he thinks he can crack into the FW and write edits but that was just after a brief internet search and reading the link i posted earlier. im still interested in cracking the code and posting a how-to here instead of sending it in to peau. im also not interested in reducing the angle to narrow to remove the pink hue.

if theres anything you guys can help me with as far as what you came up with as far as a crack goes, id appreciate the direction.

You don't need to send it to Peau just for the pink corner fix. The sell a downloadedable firmware updater application that lets you do it yourself.

I agree. For the $50 it costs, you're getting it done right, and not torpedoing the image quality by reducing the resolution. That's a gorgeous picture.

Pedals,

As it's been stated in many threads by several different people here, the lens is really not that hard to swap out and if you want to pay the $50 to download a program that is definitely your choice I was just trying to offer my words which I thought was the point of this site??? Not sure why you are so quick to snap at everything I've said today but ok! I'll let you have the microphone the rest of the day.

if you still have the exe file they sent you, could you send me a copy of it? gonna see if i can crack the serial code out of it.

Pedals,

As it's been stated in many threads by several different people here, the lens is really not that hard to swap out and if you want to pay the $50 to download a program that is definitely your choice I was just trying to offer my words which I thought was the point of this site??? Not sure why you are so quick to snap at everything I've said today but ok! I'll let you have the microphone the rest of the day.
not sure if he was directing that statement at you directly but more of a general opinion/statement. thats how i read it.

Pedals,

Just because you are here, doesn't mean I'm talking to you. I've been here for almost a year and I post in a lot of threads. It isn't always about you. So you should probably stop looking for confrontation. You won't keep seeing it everywhere it doesn't exist. Furthermore, you're arguing about something by saying the same thing I said. I'm agreeing that the $50 software removal of the pink corners is worthwhile. Earlier, you suggested you found a fix for this by setting the GoPro for 1080p, which is incorrect. That is not fixing it, that is simply reducing the resolution and image quality to a point where it is no longer a factor. Making the image worse is not solving the problem. I would have said that whether it was you or someone else who posted it. Seriously, you need to move on with whatever gripe you have.

if you still have the exe file they sent you, could you send me a copy of it? gonna see if i can crack the serial code out of it.

Unfortunately I didn't purchase their downloadable file. I just swapped lenses and made the adjustments stated above. I think if we bug GoPro enough, they will eventually make this to where we can do this ourselves in the camera settings to optimize FOV and format.

It would be nice. But for a camera that is discontinued, it's unlikely. We're lucky to get what little support we get out of them. They may also have an agreement with Peau not to do that, which wouldn't surprise me.

It would be nice. But for a camera that is discontinued, it's unlikely. We're lucky to get what little support we get out of them. They may also have an agreement with Peau not to do that, which wouldn't surprise me.

I don't know, the guy at Peau said yesterday that his "software guy" was able to hack whatever GoPro had in there which is why they charge the $50. They have to pay the guy who hacked it. lol. We can only hope it will be made available to all of us soon via someone elses hack...? Someone else will figure out how to do it and post a free download. He sounded as though GoPro didn't care they were doing it. I think it's shitty for them NOT to let us into something that is discontinued. Someone else will hack it soon.

I don't know, the guy at Peau said yesterday that his "software guy" was able to hack whatever GoPro had in there which is why they charge the $50. They have to pay the guy who hacked it. lol. We can only hope it will be made available to all of us soon via someone elses hack...? Someone else will figure out how to do it and post a free download. He sounded as though GoPro didn't care they were doing it. I think it's shitty for them NOT to let us into something that is discontinued. Someone else will hack it soon.
thats what IM trying to do!! ;)

I'm no longer allowed to respond to posts after this because some complained that I was hurting their feelings. :(:(:(It's sad that this tool that was designed for everyone to enjoy will end up being for 5 guys or gals in the end because of crap that doesn't matter! I hope you crack the GoPro code and are able to help other's get rid of that pink profile. Enjoy this site while it's up.;)
Who said you're not allowed to post further here?! This wasn't supposed to escalate to these levels, just sharing of hopefully helpful information.

Enjoy this site while it's up.;)
Was that a threat or a prediction? If the latter, lol. If the former, well also lol.

I'm no longer allowed to respond to posts after this because some complained that I was hurting their feelings. :(:(:(
This is a lie. I'm quite sure none of the administrators told you you're not allowed to post about the camera. And I'm quite sure none of this has to do with anyone's feelings but your own.

It's sad that this tool that was designed for everyone to enjoy will end up being for 5 guys or gals in the end because of crap that doesn't matter!
There are 7,400 members of this forum. Nearly 7,000 threads dating back to May of 2015. With forum members that have been here since day one, with thousands of posts, helping people and learning from it. 100 people viewing the forum right now.

Of all of them, only one forum member (hint, that would be you) is going around complaining about how terrible it is in multiple threads. Only you are starting threads to complain about non existent problems. You been on the forum for 3 days, and have 16 posts. Approximately half of which were complaining about the forum, and many have been deleted by the administrators. When confronted about your complaining, your response is to tell people to stop complaining because it's just the internet. A self defeating irony if I ever saw one. This is what many would call "a clue".

I do not know why you have perceived such a problem here. Or why you feel the need to keep poking and prodding at me in the process, even in threads of totally unrelated matter, or that I haven't even posted in. But you really need to open your eyes and take a hint. It is ok to be wrong on the internet. Nobody here holds grudges. So I suggest you get over it and move on with life here. Or move on with life elsewhere if you can't, which is fine too. Either way, just move on.

Cool, back to the topic at hand now...
Something is in the works. I'll post my findings once I'm finished - either successful or not.

Pedals,

The problem isn't "sharing [your] words," it's just that your words aren't accurate. It's actually kind of entertaining to watch you deliver such bad advice with so much zeal. You might want to tone it down a notch.

All the settings you went on about just crop the sensor, which by the way degrades image quality. Switching to 1080p, changing to medium or narrow FOV, using linear mode, etc.. all crop your sensor in one way or another. You'd be better off shooting in 4K and using GoPro studio to remove the fisheye effect, because that effectively does the same thing.

For $50 bucks, Peau will take away the pink halo. Worth it? Yes to some, no to others.

It is impressive that Peau's fix is still the only one out there after all this time. I guess that proves they haven't been totally full of it.

------------------------------------------
Incidentally, the 10mp lens you got is going to be soft. You need to go over the camera's rated mp with these replacements. I think they inflate the mp ratings on purpose. In your case, 10mp is already the minimum for GoPro video, but underrated for GoPro 12mp photos. Since it's probably not really even a true 10mp lens, your video is going to be soft and your photos very blurry compared to a stock lens. You can go nuts for awhile trying to make sure you've got it focused, but at a certain point you might want to look at the 16mp Peau 3.97mm. It is very sharp.

The problem isn't "sharing [your] words," it's just that your words aren't accurate. It's actually kind of entertaining to watch you deliver such bad advice with so much zeal. You might want to tone it down a notch.

All the settings you went on about just crop the sensor, which by the way degrades image quality. Switching to 1080p, changing to medium or narrow FOV, using linear mode, etc.. all crop your sensor in one way or another. You'd be better off shooting in 4K and using GoPro studio to remove the fisheye effect, because that effectively does the same thing.

For $50 bucks, Peau will take away the pink halo. Worth it? Yes to some, no to others.

It is impressive that Peau's fix is still the only one out there after all this time. I guess that proves they haven't been totally full of it.

------------------------------------------
Incidentally, the 10mp lens you got is going to be soft. You need to go over the camera's rated mp with these replacements. I think they inflate the mp ratings on purpose. In your case, 10mp is already the minimum for GoPro video, but underrated for GoPro 12mp photos. Since it's probably not really even a true 10mp lens, your video is going to be soft and your photos very blurry compared to a stock lens. You can go nuts for awhile trying to make sure you've got it focused, but at a certain point you might want to look at the 16mp Peau 3.97mm. It is very sharp.
I think he was banned from here. Saw a post on one of the FB group pages where he whined about it.

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela