Reaction score
I've traveled down most if not all of the fixes that don't involve replacing hardware. For me the successful repair was to replace the image sensor. The last no h/w attempt was cleaning the original image sensor connector and the camera connector with electronics cleaner. I didn't want to use any cpu paste. It got better but would still freeze after 20-50ish time-lapsed photos. I got a used sensor from ifixit for about half the ~$60 new price. Replacement took about 10 minutes (see various youtube) and I let the camera do time lapse every 30 seconds for about 10 hours. I did this test 3 days in a row. Haven't done the test yet today but I thought I'd post my findings so far. The lifetime warranty is icing...

While I was figuring out a fix, I had to buy another camera and got a gopro refurbished H4B $289 with 1 year warranty. This unit has functioned flawlessly for 5 months. I got the first H4B via me posting a WTB on craigslist. I contacted the seller and he denied there was any freezing problem. If I could do the first time over again, I'd just buy gopro refurbished.

Reactions: skyhax
Lens Authority sells refurb GoPros for around $210 for a H4B. I got one there and it's near mint and came with all accessories. B&H sells them brand new for approx. $290.
I simply did not think a GoPro was worth that much money and only got one because of my Solo. After getting one, it just confirmed they are overhiped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377