Gopro Hero 4 Black Freezing and no live view

Reaction score
I finally received my 3DR solo yesterday, updated to latest official (not open solo) firmware, I printed off the check list here in the Solo FAQ and tried to start flying but.. there was no live view..

I checked all the steps once again, tried to remove and attach the hdmi (my gimbal didn't arrive yet so it's just the hdmi cable) again but still no live view.
I checked the gopro and is freezed, unreponsive to any buttons. Holding the power button for 10 seconds worked and restarted. Tried the steps for a 3th and 4th time but couldn't get it to work.

At this point it got dark so I went home again. When I took it out of the holder and attach the mini cable directly it did seem to work all of the sudden.

Next day I tried it again and it seems to work but I have to fiddle with the cable a little to get it working. I'm sure it's 100% completely in though.

How can I clean this port on the gopro?

And I'm still confused why the gopro freezes instead of just not giving live feed.

Last edited:
How old is the camera? I doubt the port needs cleaning, it sounds like the cable may be bad or it is not making a good connection to the camera.

Check the cable connection on the underside of the circuit board to make sure it isn't loose. There are videos on YouTube that will show you how to disassemble and inspect.

Of the gopro freezes pull out the battery for a few seconds and then start all over again.

Also check the quality of your microSD card. Poor quality or low speed ones can introduce all kinds of intermittent problems

My gopro sometimes freezes when I hook it up to the solo ,so I just pull battery put back in and all is well ,gotta love them gopros , LOL ,can’t wait till we can use better cameras ,some folks are using moded gimble and cool little mini dslr as I call them can’t wait ,I hope they make them easy for dummies to install

It seems like I have best results is I start the gopro and attach cable at the very end of all steps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc