Gimbal data cable extension

Just an update, the cables for everyone who's ordered them are in the mail, most yesterday, the last few today. Should be getting them soon, pretty sure priority mail is 2 to 3 days.

where they coming from generally?
I am back in full build mode
on the agenda this week
Finish the rewire on the X8 flying Edison powered PH 2.1
Move Rich's Isolation mod onto the new gimbal that had to be replaced along with battery tray on solo 1 (and add this cable)
Replace the bad HDMI cable on solo 2 from a failed HDMI cable mod, (and add this cable) this is the green cube solo flying master 3.6 Dev

should be interesting to compare the stock solo (except t motors and mro gps) with isolation mod
to
Green cubed Solo rev B gps without isolation mod and the new cable

Honestly this resolves the motor portion of the issues. The micro vibes just can't pass through this cable like the stock one did, just make sure the second half is clear of any contact and you should be fine.

Reactions: pyrate
where they coming from generally?

New York. When I've sent stuff to Rich, it's gotten there pretty quick, so it should be the same with you. Yours went out yesterday.

I am back in full build mode
on the agenda this week
Finish the rewire on the X8 flying Edison powered PH 2.1
Move Rich's Isolation mod onto the new gimbal that had to be replaced along with battery tray on solo 1 (and add this cable)
Replace the bad HDMI cable on solo 2 from a failed HDMI cable mod, (and add this cable) this is the green cube solo flying master 3.6 Dev

I pulled the main board out of one of my Solos, soldered the cable directly to the board and am considering swapping the motor leads so the short ends are on the board, and the long ones on the motor pods. I never like how all that wire needs to be shoved into the arms. It's easy enough to take the battery tray out if the pods ever need to be replaced.

We'll see though, maybe more trouble than it's worth. I have the pods all out to install some T-Motors, then I can get back in the air.

You'll have it before the weekend, likely Thursday. I hope you have decent weather for the weekend...

T-motors are worth the money and time, Solo becomes a new bird.

what is the benefit of using a digital bus instead of Analog/PWM Signals for the escs ?
error correction ?

well dang dad nabbits
got my green cube solo all set to go tomorrow and the cable did not make it
double doo

well dang dad nabbits
got my green cube solo all set to go tomorrow and the cable did not make it
double doo

Sorry, they should be getting to you soon. I'm getting reports of them showing up a handful of states away. Hopefully it comes today and you'll have it for the weekend.

Hey the good thing is that it takes no more than 10 minutes to install and get everything situated under the hood. It will be well worth the wait and effort, I promise. Just wish we would have had this a year or two ago.....so simple, even a monkey could do it....;)

Just wish we would have had this a year or two ago.....so simple, even a monkey could do it....;)

Ha! I did have it a year ago... :p I actually think it was the very first mod I did to my first Solo.

Gotta run to the store to pick up some grapes to feed to my monkeys. They crimp 5 wires per grape. I'm looking into some orangutans to handle the soldering... monkeys aren't smart enough to be trusted with a soldering iron! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: SPP and RichWest
Sorry, they should be getting to you soon. I'm getting reports of them showing up a handful of states away. Hopefully it comes today and you'll have it for the weekend.
Mine arrived Wednesday, perhaps because I'm only a couple of states away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc