Getting the most out of the Hero3+ black edition

Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals.

Received my Gimbal yesterday morning and after having a bit of a mash up getting it to sit properly it looked as if it worked fine.

I followed the guide on getting the best setup for the Hero 4, since I don't have 4k I settled on 2.7k at 30fps.

Here are the results,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know for a start the lighting is very poor, so I shall be experimenting when I'm free next and have good lighting.

What do you think? Is this decent for the circumstances?

Reactions: oldcolonel
Hello Guys and Gals.

Received my Gimbal yesterday morning and after having a bit of a mash up getting it to sit properly it looked as if it worked fine.

I followed the guide on getting the best setup for the Hero 4, since I don't have 4k I settled on 2.7k at 30fps.

Here are the results,

I know for a start the lighting is very poor, so I shall be experimenting when I'm free next and have good lighting.

Hello Guys and Gals.

Here are the results,

The image quality looks good to me, but I'm viewing it on an iPad with a slightly wonky internet connection so I'm getting some compression artifacts and I can't be sure on the level of detail your getting. The color looks good to me though - seems pretty accurate.

By the way, I would argue that those are great lighting conditions. Overcast is perfect. The clouds are beautiful. I think if you were in a field or out in nature somewhere, the footage would look amazing in those lighting conditions.

I do notice some vibration when you yaw (turn) your Solo. Your getting vibration, not jello. You should not be getting that at all. I would read some of the posts here about removing the battery tray and inspecting the wires and the motor to make sure they are not touching anything. All those turns should be perfectly smooth.

Reactions: R3AP37
The image quality looks good to me, but I'm viewing it on an iPad with a slightly wonky internet connection so I'm getting some compression artifacts and I can't be sure on the level of detail your getting. The color looks good to me though - seems pretty accurate.

By the way, I would argue that those are great lighting conditions. Overcast is perfect. The clouds are beautiful. I think if you were in a field or out in nature somewhere, the footage would look amazing in those lighting conditions.

I do notice some vibration when you yaw (turn) your Solo. Your getting vibration, not jello. You should not be getting that at all. I would read some of the posts here about removing the battery tray and inspecting the wires and the motor to make sure they are not touching anything. All those turns should be perfectly smooth.

Ah well that's OK then, I shall open her up when I get some time and check the connection. Initially I couldn't get the Gimbal to sit perfectly flat, it seemed tilted to one side when fitted, almost like something was pushing up against one side, this is gone now so I shall look again.

The vibration was strange, I thought I had just overdone it but I did encounter a rather large gust of wind at that point, pushing through two blocks of flats it can get quite heavy, hence my choice of testing ground :3

There

There should be a weight on the Too and bottom. Do you have both of them installed?

Bottom?? Well then lol I don't have one on the bottom, does that mean a 3g on top and bottom? I'm away from my instructions so cannot check lol

Large weight on top. Large weight on the bottom. Otherwise your gimbal will not be balanced. You can watch the flight school video on gimbal install in the solo app if you like.

Reactions: R3AP37
Large weight on top. Large weight on the bottom. Otherwise your gimbal will not be balanced. You can watch the flight school video on gimbal install in the solo app if you like.

Well I feel like an idiot now! I thought one if my weights said 8g so I ignored it and installed the 6g on top, could that be why I was experiencing judder? I will swap out later and test

EDIT: Second weight is now installed on the bottom, good job I didn't throw it out lol

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986