Gopro Hero 3 black edition with Solo and gimbal

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Just ordered the Solo with gimbal, and trying to find out exactly what drawback there is for me to use my old Hero 3 black edition.

Tried to find out what functionality will work and what will be missing when I use my Hero 3 black edition with the Solo and gimbal. Will there be any live feed at all, or will fpv be completely missing?
If the only missing functionality would be that I cant start and stop the camera, camera control, change settings etc, I would stick to my old Hero 3. if there are major differences Ill have to condider upgrading my camera.

Thanks for any advice

From what I've read, if it's just the hero 3 black (not the plus), you will only have live video feed and no control. Manual start/stop recording.
If it's a hero 3+ black (upgraded plus version), you will have full control. Well as full as they provide.

I am in the same boat as you. Did you by chance order from the prime sale?

i had my solo since best buy's father's day. and only had a hero 3 black. and as steve pointed out.. i couldn't start and spot video from the app... the only way to start video was to put solo into a smart shot. and once it started i couldn't stop recording. along with that you can't change modes to the go pro as well. so yesterday i went out and bought a hero 4 black... trust me when i say this. not only can i totally control my hero. the video just looks way better as well the live feed, looks amazing..

I have the Hero 3+ Black, and PdxSteve is correct. I might add you will have to power up the 3+ Black before takeoff. The power up with Solo feature disappeared a couple of updates ago and GoPro won't update the 3+ Black to allow auto power up with Solo. Hope this helps.

I have the Hero 3+ Black, and PdxSteve is correct. I might add you will have to power up the 3+ Black before takeoff. The power up with Solo feature disappeared a couple of updates ago and GoPro won't update the 3+ Black to allow auto power up with Solo. Hope this helps.
yeah and my hero 4 black will power up, but then it powers off so i have to power it up by hand

you got something wrong with that gopro.
I have two and they both power up and stay up.
Just a question, do you charge your gopro separately before flight?
I have found that solo does not really do that good a job charging gopro

you got something wrong with that gopro.
I have two and they both power up and stay up.
Just a question, do you charge your gopro separately before flight?
I have found that solo does not really do that good a job charging gopro
Yes gopronis fully charged, maybe it's the powering up sequence from
Solo to controller to app, I'm about to go out to this lit field in a minute and will see again, but I just the GoPro yesterday, it's works perfectly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44