Effortless Fix For Solo App Shutting Down

Reaction score
Recently, I learned from an attempted flight that my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, with latest software, will not longer work with the Solo App. It did work previously. I retrieved my old Samsung Galaxy S5, turned off automatic updates so it will never download a new OS, and dedicated it to use as my flight controller. It still works great. (I had attempted to install Solex, but it does not support live-stream video off the 3DR UAS "out-of-the-box", and I don't have the time to fool around playing with Apps. I need to fly to gather video data for my clients). I also have a second old S5 as a backup controller. It was the most painless way to fly immediately without expense, effort, or learning curve. (Apologies if someone suggested this in any earlier threads. I have not taken the time to review all previous threads on the topic.) Terry Livingston, Professional Engineer, Gulf Coast, U.S.A.

Well that title quite misleading. It's a good suggestion for someone who happens to have a really old device, that still has really old software on, it in order to keep it really old. But it certainly isn't fixing anything.

Dictionary.com has the following definition of "fix":
antonyms:break, damage
  • do the necessary work to improve or adapt something

I was not flying. Now I am. For me, that's fixed. Call it what you want. You can find old used phones for sale all day long, if you don't save your old ones. They are cheap and plentiful. TL.

Seems downloading Solex for free is a quicker and better fix than buying and waiting for the arrival of an old phone. I have old phones/tablets, but prefer flying Solex on a Samsung S8+.

I did download it. Upon I installation and start-up, got immediate message "Video Not Supported". I was in the field and in no mood to figure out why. I had a specialized and expensive engineering team waiting to see video. If you have time to figure it out, that's great. I don't. 'm not a Solex employee. I have two controllers that work perfectly and reliably, on 100% 3DR software. That's good enough for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea