DSLRPros pre-order

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has received their solo yet from DSLRPros. I pre-ordered on 4/28 and still not received anything. So much for pre-ordering. I'm not sure if I should be upset with DSLRPros or 3DR.

Last email from DSLRPros said they hoped to be shipped out to me by last Friday or early this week. As far as I can tell, it hasn't shipped yet.

Doug

PS: DSLRPros charged my card on date of pre-order.

Well I think there is a little fault on both parties. I would be calling DLSR today and finding out what the deal is. 3DR was late and limited in delivery on their part. Just don't know what they promised DSLRPros so hard to say.

I ordered from dslrpros on April 24. They finally shipped my solo on Wednesday last week and it will be here Thursday this week they said. Been following the tracking number and it's in Texas right now, I live in Hawaii. Since I only preordered a couple days ahead of you I hope this helps!

I ordered from DSLRPros and they put me on their "urgent" list (first units to go out). After they had not shipped 7 days after Best Buy had them, while they promised to be the first to have them, I canceled and drove to Best Buy.

Reactions: Raybro
I ordered from DSLRPros and they put me on their "urgent" list (first units to go out). After they had not shipped 7 days after Best Buy had them, while they promised to be the first to have them, I canceled and drove to Best Buy.
Good for you.
Did you get one at BB?

Ordered on 4/19 and still no news
how come this dosen't surprise me.
when i talked to DLSR Pro they told me that they were the number one who was getting the bigest and first order for the solo from 3DR.
said they had 800 coming in.
you don't think they would lie to now do you?

how come this dosen't surprise me.
when i talked to DLSR Pro they told me that they were the number one who was getting the bigest and first order for the solo from 3DR.
said they had 800 coming in.
you don't think they would lie to now do you?

I was told the same story also, what a fail that was. I should have know not to order from them after they hired Corey Feldman to be in their Drone Academy video LOL

Reactions: Jacob
A good news
DHL Shipment Notification

Greetings from DHL!

(Please do not reply to this email address since it is not monitored for
responses)

On July 1, 2015 a shipment label was printed by S. Manage....

I received an email this morning from DSLRPRos this morning saying they are expecting another shipment and mine should ship next Monday or Tuesday.

I normally don't get angry at retailers for mistakes but DSLR Pros was horrible. They told me several times my solo would ship "next week" and when there was further pushback they didn't bother to let me know.
I ordered 4/24 and solo just arrived this week. They charged me over twice the rate of shipping for the shipping service I chose and shipped with a different provider without telling me.
Needless to say they've lost future business from me.

Finally rec'd UPS notification that DSLRPros is shipping my Solo out today. But according to dslrpros order status page, they are only shipping Solo and not the extra battery I ordered. Hmm, I bet it is safe to assume I won't be getting the extra free battery either.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Got mine finally after several emails promising it would ship the next week. Here is my problem with DSLRPros service. At NAB this year I specifically ask why I should order from them and not another dealer, or Best Buy. They told me they were the experts at kit building for professionals and had incredible customer service. So when I ordered my solo from them, I also ordered everything I would need to shoot a professional shoot, gimbal, extra batteries, extra chargers for both the batteries and controller and extra rotor blades. However - when pressed on the gimbal, I received an email saying that "the gimbal should be delivered to you from 3DR by mid July". No, contact or reference info for me to call 3DR about this. I also ask about the rumor that 3DR was shipping a free battery to anyone who had been affected by preorder delays - nothing from DSLRPros - no reply at all. Then I get an email notifying me they had canceled my orders for additional battery chargers for both battery and controller, batteries and blades with an email saying they couldn't give customers a delivery date so they were canceling the order - funny thing is they charged me $194, but only refunded $154. No explanation - customer service for professionals like me who have been waiting to get this investment out on paying jobs, and wouldn't dream of sending out a package with just one battery. I would have thought that someone would have a least called and apologized - even if it was 3DR's delays, and more importantly offered some advice on what to do next to get a proper package together.
Disappointed, dismayed and not at all happy with these guys.

"you can easily tell who all the pioneers are in this industry - they are the ones with all the arrows sticking out of their backs"

I realized DSLR Pro's was a joke about 6 weeks ago, real shame
they were suppose to be the ones getting the first shipment of Solo and they had 800 coming in and theywere the first ones that would be gettibf them.
if you do not believe me just ask them.
Bull shit.

Well for what it's worth DSLR pros has been reliable for me. I pre-ordered my Solo and got it a couple weeks before it arrived at BestBuy

I made the call to DSLRPros today about my preorder both the 3DR Solo Drone & Gimbal as well as the DSLRPros Range Extender. I emailed them and had them cancel both of my orders that I have paid for and been waiting on for over 3 months. During that conversation, I asked about what there most recent update was. It was stated that "DSLRPros is no longer doing business with 3DR". I was told that it was because of 3DR's business plan and how they have been dishonest and haven't followed through as they had originally stated. Was told that anyone with a preorder that hasn't already received their items, will have their orders cancelled and money refunded. Those orders wont be cancelled, however, until the customer calls in and then emails sales requesting the cancel of orders.

I made the call to DSLRPros today about my preorder both the 3DR Solo Drone & Gimbal as well as the DSLRPros Range Extender. I emailed them and had them cancel both of my orders that I have paid for and been waiting on for over 3 months. During that conversation, I asked about what there most recent update was. It was stated that "DSLRPros is no longer doing business with 3DR". I was told that it was because of 3DR's business plan and how they have been dishonest and haven't followed through as they had originally stated. Was told that anyone with a preorder that hasn't already received their items, will have their orders cancelled and money refunded. Those orders wont be cancelled, however, until the customer calls in and then emails sales requesting the cancel of orders.
Wow. That's just amazing.

It pisses me off that they have zero intention of fulfilling my order, but haven't sent me any kind of notification. Thinking back, I've received zero communication from DSLRPROS this whole time. I've had to pick up the phone and call them every time. All DSLRpros has ever sent me is email promotions. Never once did they send a status update. And that includes their own product, the range extender, which as of a week ago was "on the way"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M