New 3DR pilot in St Louis

Reaction score
Hello, all. Just received my backpack bundle from B&H for $399. I also ordered two extra batteries for $49 each. When I opened the box I noticed the OEM box was not sealed in any way. I thought there would be a clear tamper proof sticker or something. The drone did not have any clear film on it with the exception of the LEDs underneath. SInce the gimbal was already installed perhaps this step was done manually at the B&H facility? Also, I verified that my drone does have the Rev A GPS. I had already pre-ordered the V2 GPS shield so I guess I will go ahead and order the mRo M8N GPS as well and upgrade those together. I had read that most of the backpack bundles included the Rev B GPS but obviously there are exceptions. I found a ZTE K88 tablet for $50 as well so I plan to install Solex on that. Overall, I am very excited about the Solo. I had ordered a refurbished Yuneec Typhoon 4K Q500 for $499 on Amazon Prime Day but cancelled the order the next morning when I found the B&H deal for the Solo. I like to modify things and the open source nature and enthusiast support for the Solo are a better fit for me. Still need to pickup a Gopro Hero 4 Black and then I should be set. Still debating if I should pick up another gimbal or just get a complete drone as a backup. That appears to be a popular choice on here. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig