My new Solo is on its way

Reaction score
Hello. I am pretty new to all of this stuff. I started drooling over quad copter a couple of years ago. I had the solo on my Amazon wish for a long time, read a bunch of bad press and started looking at alternatives. The point of having it on my wish list was for my wife to know what to get as a gift. Last December she got me a Syma x5c. Not what I had in mind but I have gotten lots of enjoyment from it. The other day she said she couldn't believe I haven't bought a better quad yet. So what's a guy to do! I shopped around and found the solo with gimbal on bhphotovideo for $299 shipped expedited at no additional cost. It will arrive here Friday. Unfortunately I will be out of town and won't get to open the box until several days later. In the meantime I am enjoying this forum. No camera ordered yet.

Welcome to the world of commer...erm I mean "High End toy grade drones" !

I also started flying with a X5C-A and still fly it on occasion.

Unlike your Syma, if you have 25-35mph gusts, its time to fly!. Oh and if you do not have a Camera yet I would suggest you get that shipped soonest as you will not be able to use the full potential of this great drone without it. A GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition (Set at 1080P@60fps, Wi-Fi OFF and your wide angle set to medium) will serve you well.

Welcome to the world of commer...erm I mean "High End toy grade drones" !

I also started flying with a X5C-A and still fly it on occasion.

Unlike your Syma, if you have 25-35mph gusts, its time to fly!. Oh and if you do not have a Camera yet I would suggest you get that shipped soonest as you will not be able to use the full potential of this great drone without it. A GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition (Set at 1080P@60fps, Wi-Fi OFF and your wide angle set to medium) will serve you well.

Thank you. I now have a GoPro 4 black. I picked it up on ebay, new opened box. Having a little trouble getting it to work though. Came with a wifi password unknown to me and the instructions to reset do not match the camera menus. Tried a manual update of firmware to no avail thus far. Will be calling gopro support next.

I ran into the same issue on my 3+ Black edition. The below link will allow you to update the firmware and reset the password.

GoPro Official Website - Capture + share your world - HERO4

Note: download the "firmware + reset to defaults" zip, expand and add the FOLDER to the root of your microSD. Power on your GoPro, and let it update, then reset Wi-Fi PW

I ran into the same issue on my 3+ Black edition. The below link will allow you to update the firmware and reset the password.

GoPro Official Website - Capture + share your world - HERO4

Note: download the "firmware + reset to defaults" zip, expand and add the FOLDER to the root of your microSD. Power on your GoPro, and let it update, then reset Wi-Fi PW
Damn thing would not update. I gave up and sent it back. Looked like it might be a fake. When I plugged it into my computer it was identified as a iCatchtek SPCa6330 which is Chinese clone of a clone of GoPro? New one is on the way from Amazon now. I gradually ran my total cost up to $600. Love flying this thing.

The ebay seller of the GoPro camera accepted my return request. I have a brand new GoPro 4 black now and it works perfectly. I am finally ready to start learning the ins and outs of drone photography and filming. This forum is great and if not for this I would not have selected 3dr Solo. Thanks everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea