DSLRPros Solo order cancellation issues

Reaction score
Long story short, I pre-ordered a Solo w/gimbal through DSLRPros back in June. After calling numerous times, I got updates concerning 3DRs progress or lack there of concerning the gimbal. Without going into the details of why it happened, I was told by 3DR that their partnership with DSLRPros is no more, but that they(3DR) would honor the priority of my order from which it was ordered back in June. All I had to do was reorder on their site. No problem.
The issue is now with DSLRPros and getting my money back from my original order. Although, they originally offered my money back a few times before the outlook started to look definitively grim concerning shipment delivery of my Solo, they are now virtually impossible to get a hold of. They(DSLRPros) have recently gotten rid of all their phone support and have not responded to both my emails to [email protected], nor the two support tickets I created on their site per their posted instruction.
So...I've have initiated a payback through my bank.

Guess that was longer than originally intended.

Ultimately, It is unfortunate that this is happening because up until the phone shutdown, they were very responsive and helpful.
Has anyone ran into this same issue and/or are there any ideas on getting my money back?
I appreciate your help in advance. Thanks

Last edited:
Somebody posted the same problem earlier- don't remember who.
If you used a credit card you should be able to dispute the charge.

You didn't use a debit card did you? :eek:

No. It was acres it card. However, my bank said after 60 days the chances of funds being returned are about 50%.
I am somewhat confident I'll get the money back since they were so accommodating on the phone, but now after their virtual disappearing act following the 3DR falling out I'm starting to wonder if I will.
Thanks for the response, btw.

Reactions: Maddog
I got this from them yesterday:

3DR Refund Information

View this email in your browser

4af191f1-149e-469d-a5ef-a46222855c22.png

Dear Valued Customer,
Your refund request has been confirmed and is being processed in the order in which it was received. We anticipate that these refunds will be completed by the end of next week. Should you not receive your refund by this time please contact our orders department via email at [email protected].

Please note that requests for status updates sent to sales or support departments may experience delays as we route your request to the appropriate department handling the 3DR-Direct transition.

Copyright © 2015 DSLRPros.com, All rights reserved.
You are on this list because you requested a refund on a 3DR product.

Our mailing address is:

DSLRPros.com

3500 NE 12th Avenue

Oakland Park, FL 33334

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Thanks for the encouraging post Raybro. Maybe there's still a chance.
And thank you for the ammo VideoArch. Very informative/useful.

I preordered my Solo Drone on April 18 from DSLRPros. The craft arrived on July 7. I am still waiting for the gimbal. You can't call them because they have a recording telling you to email them. I've sent 4 emails in the last two weeks requesting ANY information about fulfilling the rest of my order and have gotten no response.

I preordered my Solo Drone on April 18 from DSLRPros. The craft arrived on July 7. I am still waiting for the gimbal. You can't call them because they have a recording telling you to email them. I've sent 4 emails in the last two weeks requesting ANY information about fulfilling the rest of my order and have gotten no response.

Soccer, as I was informed by 3DR directly on the phone, their partnership with DSLRPros has been dissolved and DSLRPros will not be getting any gimbals. The exclusivity will go to Best Buy.
I would start the "process" of emailing DSLRPros to get your money back as I have been attempting to do.

Soccer, as I was informed by 3DR directly on the phone, their partnership with DSLRPros has been dissolved and DSLRPros will not be getting any gimbals. The exclusivity will go to Best Buy.
I would start the "process" of emailing DSLRPros to get your money back as I have been attempting to do.

I sent an email to 3DR yesterday and got a reply back in less than an hour. The rep confirmed that DSLRPro is no longer working with 3DR and that DSLRPro is supposed to be contacting anyone with outstanding orders to initiate a refund. I sent 3DR a copy of my purchase order withe DSLRPro showing that I had purchased both the craft and the gimbal but have only received the craft. I was told that if I order a gimbal from them or anywhere else, to be sure to send him the proof of purchase and he will include it my DSLRPro statements to ensure that I receive my free battery from 3DR. Batteries are apparently slow in coming but he assured me that I would receive it.

I have to sat 3DR proved more than satisfactory in this situation.... Now if DSLRPro will reply to any of the 5-6 emails I have sent them, maybe I won't be out the $400 they still have.

DSLRPros assured me that they were making good on the refunds, but since they had so many it is taking time.
I expressed to them as I stood in their waiting room that the unfortunate timing of their telephone changeover was quickly ruining their name and that they should at least post a message on their site addressing the Solo pre-order refund issue.
Giancarlo the Support lead did tell me that the new phone 954 number will be up and running by the end of the week.
I am confident you will get your money back. If you do not get at least an email back soon, start flooding their phone lines.
The whole scenario is unfortunate and somewhat of a misstep in being my first dealings in the drone world, but I'm hopeful things will get resolved and am happy for the lessons learned.

I ordered a solo from DSLR PROS back in July and waited for two months and did not receive it. I cancelled the order and they credited my card. I also cancelled their range extender and got a refund.

The RMA process through DLSR Pros is a little slow. Today is two weeks they've had the Solo and I just got the e-mail confirming what I sent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig