Well actually I think he was legally ok where he was flying for both hobby and commercial operation. That's 15 miles away from the Air Force base and 7 miles away from KSPG. And it is under, not in the bravo airspace, so class G surface to 1,200ft.

Now that said, if he's doing commercial photography for pay without a 107, that is a different problem :)

HURRY!!!! Turn out the lights!!!! Maybe they will go away!

Does your controller give you any indications of where it dropped? Hell, it could be on land.... in a fancy office, sitting on a fancy desk- with a half dozen officers and one Commanding Officer- ( no less than one star) all looking at each other thinking “wtf???”
I hope none of those guys is a forum member!!!!
IS THAT SOMEONE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR?

Haha! No Typically when and if I lose signal the controller engages the return home sequence and it just comes back. In fact I flew over water earlier in the day and the same happened and it just came home. This time it just lost signal and I didn't hear back from it. Another poster suggested I got zapped on purpose so it might've fallen in the water. I didn't get any info back from it or the controller which is why it feels so strange to have lost it

I can tell you with 99% confidence that you were not shot down or subject to electronic countermeasures. You were not in a no-fly zone, and you were almost 20 miles away from the AFB. You flew out of range and the Solo likely either lost GPS or experienced some other related position error. In such a case, it cannot return home and would simple descend in "land mode". Which unfortunately doesn't end well over water.

Are you familiar with using SSH/SFTP to connect to the controller from your PC over wifi? You can download the telemetry log, post it here, and we can take a look at what was going on before the disconnect.

I can tell you with 99% confidence that you were not shot down or subject to electronic countermeasures. You were not in a no-fly zone, and you were almost 20 miles away from the AFB. You flew out of range and the Solo likely either lost GPS or experienced some other related position error. In such a case, it cannot return home and would simple descend in "land mode". Which unfortunately doesn't end well over water.

Are you familiar with using SSH/SFTP to connect to the controller from your PC over wifi? You can download the telemetry log, post it here, and we can take a look at what was going on before the disconnect.

Thanks for that. No I'm not familiar with that but I'm sure I can find a resource that will light the way. I'll try and download the flight log and post later tonight.

Thanks for your help

yep.

I misspoke based on a very quick eyeballing of the location. Was completely in the wrong.

Whoops. Sorry.

There was nothing illegal about his flight. It was in a legal area the best I can tell based on charts and maps. And techncially he hadn't sold his services or photography yet. However, if he is routinely doing commercial / for-profit flights without a 107, that is indeed a violation (totally unrelated to the location).

He said "For a client". The FAA has been pretty clear about intent on this front. You don't actually have to sell anything to fall under "for purposes other than recreation or fun"

Reactions: CAMXPOSURE
Pretty sure you were breaking safe fly practices and potentially ruined the hobby for anyone trying to fly legitimately....
And I’m also referring to commercial flight practices - THANKS (sarcastically)

Maybe try a Karma next time ...

I'm pretty sure you need a warm bottle and some milk. Sorry the entirety of dronedom was ruined on one flight... Maybe it'll go down in history as the second most important flight ever behind Amelia Earheart... Or maybe Neil Armstrong

You can’t just say your flying one one purpose and then change your purpose while in the midst of flight to another purpose - your either flying for recreational or your flying for business

Damn I just wanna have fun without anyone screwing it up for everyone

I'm pretty sure you need a warm bottle and some milk. Sorry the entirety of dronedom was ruined on one flight... Maybe it'll go down in history as the second most important flight ever behind Amelia Earheart... Or maybe Neil Armstrong
I'd . ...uh..... I'd like a bottle of warm milk. I need a nap and it always helps me.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: BESFilms
You can’t just say your flying one one purpose and then change your purpose while in the midst of flight to another purpose - your either flying for recreational or your flying for business

Damn I just wanna have fun without anyone screwing it up for everyone
If you go outside right now you can fly for fun . And you don't have to stress out behind your computer to do so. Be safe out there, it's a crazy world

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea