DJI's secret testing to match Solo's features 100%

Oh poor JonW, he is on the PhantomPilots forum now tellin' all the DJI pilots how many problems the Solo Gimbal has. Maybe he will develop a following there and his life will be filled with happiness.

Guess we need to make sure we all like every single post we even slightly agree with, that ratio comment kinda hurt my feelings, I need validation dammit.

I searched RCG for 3dr solo the other day and literally had to skip down through like 6 or 8 phantom threads that were discussing solo before I got to the solo thread. It's mystifying how brand loyalty seems to attract such similar people to one group or the other in these "fanboy" type products. I've never been to a phantom thread even owning one, but the solo owners thread was more phans than owners. Mostly cause no 3dr supporters were interested in the vs thread I guess, you'd think there would be different points of view on both sides but not with fanboy products.

It's all or nothing and I own both but obviously am favoring solo at the moment, simply cause it's better IMO, If yuneec or even DJI makes something similar that's not a p1,2,3 replica or slow as molasses with better features I'd have no issue buying it. Like I said I hate returns or dealing with warranty so unless it's week one I'll figure it out most likley so I don't really care about how bad dji support is. I've never used it beside questions to Tahoe Ed if you want to count that, while he was monitoring the solo owners thread mind you.

So yes I'm happy with solo and actually with p2 now, not loyal to one just working with my solo to make it great at this point, so tired of seeing the same whining from the same folks. Add something to help out in at least some of your posts or roll out and move on, sadly I found out in RCG this won't happen so mods will have to kick folks or this will become the same.

Dont know the forum owners, but at some point people will move on, which people will depend on what is allowed and not allowed to go on. Either the people trying to contribute will move on, or the constantly negative will. i actually have been quite critical of 3Drs roll out. how could you not be. And I seriously looked at Yuneec. Now that I have an investment I am looking for a place to discuss that purchase with others who did the same. We had a major upgrade released yesterday I would rather talk about that.

Yippie people like me I'm getting all emotional now. Lol gotta feed the kids and get them into a good movie, in hopes I may get a chance to fly before dark. Fly safe fly something just fn fly already see ya later this evening folks. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes the arguing is over by then, about as likley as seeing my gimbal this evening I know but crazier things have happened.

Reactions: LouGeese and Jubalr
I debated both yuneec and inspire, I came to the conclusion that solo was my best bet and even though this release has been rough at best, I still am happy with my choice. I'll know for sure when my gimbals here but seems at least 3dr is interested in fixing it's problems, not denying them, more times than not at least.

Bow To Your Billionaire Drone Overlord: Frank Wang's Quest To Put DJI Robots Into The Sky - Forbes

If you haven't read this article it explains the whole dji vs 3dr situation very well. I'm sure a lot of our long standing guys have or know the situation, but for those like me a bit newer to the fight its well worth a read.

Last edited:
Certainly you have your free speech here. Others also thave the right to ignore you.

I have watched dozens of launches and products. In my experience, there are two types of people. Those that dig in and try to make things better, and those that whine. Finding problems is about 1% of the process of making things better, and it is the part whiners want to obsess on. Contrary to their belief however, concentrating on it doesn't generally make things better. Working on it does. And that is the underlying psychological problem with whiners... They don't actually want things to be better. They want to whine. You can tell these people, they are the ones that yell and scream but don't do much work.

What really amazes me is that most of the vocal detractors of the Solo (here and elsewhere) are people that don't own one. Most of the supporters, are the opposite. They are positive (in general) and help others. The repeated vocal detractors that either don't own one or are constantly threatening to send it back, are perplexing to me. The idea of spending large amounts of time hanging around a store that you (for whatever reason) don't like, telling others not to buy their products, and not doing anything to make them better, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Certainly it is their right to do it, but it just seems like an odd use of time and effort, and smells a little like people trying to justify (in their own head by trying to get it validated by others) the decisions they have made, especially since most of those people started off with DJI and espouse their products on the complaints. If you hate Solo, send it back and move on. If you keep it, dig in and make it better.

I own both and I see clearly that DJI has both technical and service problems. Different problems, but no less serious, and one could argue more systemic. I understand the psychology of "fanboy" as people want to validate their decisions, but I personally don't sunscribe to it. Have I had problems with Solo? Sure... but I work to solve them, and help others to solve their problems. There is a large difference between being supportive (positive) and being a fanboy of a product and dissing all others (negative). Apparently some don't get that. Whatever you do, do something positive.

Again, my thoughts are that if I am so unhappy that I don't like any product or company and either the product or the relationship can't be fixed, then it is time to move on. That is exactly why you don't see me on the Phantom Pilots site rehashing the problems I have had with my Phantom and DJI. If I had not decided to move on, I would be over there digging in to make it better. I am here digging in to get problems solved (my own and others) which makes things better. I believe that is why most are here.

Stay or go. Either way, don't just sit around in a puddle and complain your butt is wet.

Just my 2 cents...
my whining will stop when the gimbal gets here....in the meantime it's pints, 1/5ths, half gallons...:Do_O:D

Let the smoke clear people and we will see. And really everyone should stop the BS its all a game.

I'm quite enjoying whining one day then whining about the whining another.

Seriously though I've got mad too but our arguing won't help either way so I for one will be happy to stop said whining and whining about that whining. That said fly 3dr drink the kool aid, hell even fly dji, yuneec, or parrot if you must and enjoy I love my solo, love even more that my girlfriend actually seems a bit jealous of "her" as she says. Just please don't be a phan boy those guys are too much.lmfao

My wife is now into it too, this is the second time she felt I was doing something silly then when she figured out she liked it. Last time that cost me a 2009 Challenger RT because she liked my Charger

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I paid the price of admission by laying down $1400 for a product that has still not materialized. If that doesn't entitle me to my opinions in an owners' discussion group I don't know what does. If only positive comments are welcome it's not really an objective discussion.
Jon
We've all paid the price and yes its been a bit over due but we all knew what we bought at the time and we all knew that the gimble was not ready yet. I do have some good news I spoke to B&H and they received their first gimble shipment this week and next week they are getting another so here they come.

Last edited:
I'm quite enjoying whining one day then whining about the whining another.

Seriously though I've got mad too but our arguing won't help either way so I for one will be happy to stop said whining and whining about that whining. That said fly 3dr drink the kool aid, hell even fly dji, yuneec, or parrot if you must and enjoy I love my solo, love even more that my girlfriend actually seems a bit jealous of "her" as she says. Just please don't be a phan boy those guys are too much.lmfao
I'm guilty of both too. Who knows, I may wake up in a really crappy mood tomorrow and will be here whining the loudest about not having a gimbal. I could whine about having to buy new tires for my Flex this morning, that was a surprise I wasn't prepared for - but there isn't a thread here for that.

Reactions: Raybro
one thing I find encouraging is the updates seem to go fairly well and don't break things so bad that you have to have updates to fix the update. The dev team seems to know what they are doing

one thing I find encouraging is the updates seem to go fairly well and don't break things so bad that you have to have updates to fix the update. The dev team seems to know what they are doing
Another thing, they do come often and there are noticeable changes. I bet there hasn't been an update for my P2 v2 since April.
Of course, haven't ventured to the Darkside lately to find out...ever since I told Droneflyer (boneflyer) he was a numbnuts.

Definitley a big plus, sure they've not done well with manufacturing or keeping things organized but far as the solo itself and all they've done updating and fixing, they've been pretty spot on. They're doing more right then wrong, it's just crumby that the wrongs kinda got us paused mid flight at the moment.

In a month or two I really doubt wel have a single thing left to justifiably bitch about and even after years not to many dji customers including myself can say that. 3dr is only going to get better at this, at least they're spinning there wheels trying to fix things, the dishonesty I'd bet is hopefully more to please investors and maybe being optimistic rather than just lies and yes with that the kool aid tastes great again. Long as I have my gimbal next week or maybe with luck tomorrow that is, solo came out on Saturday at Best Buy why not the gimbal. Maybe I can get the Webn fireworks recorded Sunday after all. If not p2 has a final job lined up either way I'm still happy.

Reactions: Jubalr
Yeah, bet Wang is really cracking the whip over there in China with 3DR getting a piece of the pie now. Probably like working in a slave camp. Competition will only make things better.

Reactions: Adimuzio513

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc