Solo - Motors don`t want to start in manual mode.

Reaction score
Hello and greetings to the whole solo community - my name is Joe and I am in Germany.
A week ago I bought this bird and wanted to take it up in the air today, after testing its features, making updates and of course reading the manual. I've been flying Copter for 5 years - i`m not a beginner.

The problem is: My solo doesn't want to start the motors in "manual" mode anymore, but before 2 days, this function was okay. In normal "fly" mode everything is good, if enough satellites was found. After i was looking for a wrong setting, i did the factory reset on controller and copter, but nothing has changed - the baby doesn't start the motors in manual mode.
Before i resettet, I also tried the "Solex" app. Could it be that I have made a wrong setting?
It would be great if someone could help me..

Thanks in advance and regards from germany.....

Hello and greetings to the whole solo community - my name is Joe and I am in Germany.
A week ago I bought this bird and wanted to take it up in the air today, after testing its features, making updates and of course reading the manual. I've been flying Copter for 5 years - i`m not a beginner.

The problem is: My solo doesn't want to start the motors in "manual" mode anymore, but before 2 days, this function was okay. In normal "fly" mode everything is good, if enough satellites was found. After i was looking for a wrong setting, i did the factory reset on controller and copter, but nothing has changed - the baby doesn't start the motors in manual mode.
Before i resettet, I also tried the "Solex" app. Could it be that I have made a wrong setting?
It would be great if someone could help me..

Thanks in advance and regards from germany.....

You may need to disable any Geofences and in your vehicle setting move the distance slider all the way right.

Reactions: Speed Limit
No error messages, but two short acoustic signals from the solo ... also i`ve tryed to put up the left stick to start, but that was probably changed with the update - am not shure ..

@jimloss: i don`t have programmed any geofences

What update are you referring to?? There are no circumstances where pushing the throttle stick up makes it arm.

What update are you referring to?? There are no circumstances where pushing the throttle stick up makes it arm.

Hello P2P ... Sorry, am mistaken - I meant, holding the left stick down to the right - was a bit confused. I tried that too, but without success - only the short acoustic tone was heard twice - the same as press and hold the "Fly" button.
Now I consider whether I should perform a parameter reset, but before i do so, i`ll wait for your opinion - i don't want to do anything wrong.
Later today, i'll go outside and recalibrate IMU and Compass once again, to see what happens then.

Thanks for your efforts ...

What update are you referring to?

There was only one update, when i start solo for the first time. I thought that the "stick trick" (hold down and right) starts the engines immediately - but you have to hold longer - now i know, it has nothing to do with the update,that hasn't changed. I noticed that when the two ac. Signals came after a few seconds.
Am back from the field in 3 ours. i will do the calibrations
see photo ...

Attachments

• Solo[1].jpg
    Solo[1].jpg
    897 KB · Views: 34
I am back now ... had made new calibrations. Under a clear sky, the baby found 10 satellites immediately - so far so good, but the time in between was to short to start in manual mode without a satellite look. With GPS, the solo has no problem to start in manual mode. Why it needs GPS for lift up in manual mode ? That`s the big question ...
Should i perform a parameter reset or is it to dangerous ? Should i live with this error ? Or isn`t it an error ? I dont know it ...

As i said in the beginning, i`ve performed a factory reset, that usualy should setting all parameters to the originals. Is something wrong with the firmware ? I don't think it can be a hardware error.

I am back now ... had made new calibrations. Under a clear sky, the baby found 10 satellites immediately - so far so good, but the time in between was to short to start in manual mode without a satellite look. With GPS, the solo has no problem to start in manual mode. Why it needs GPS for lift up in manual mode ? That`s the big question ...
Should i perform a parameter reset or is it to dangerous ? Should i live with this error ? Or isn`t it an error ? I dont know it ...

As i said in the beginning, i`ve performed a factory reset, that usualy should setting all parameters to the originals. Is something wrong with the firmware ? I don't think it can be a hardware error.

It doesn't sound like you are actually in Manual mode. At the top of the screen on your controller - does it say "FLY" or "FLY:MANUAL"?

The only thing that will prevent it from arming in manual without GPS, when it will otherwise arm with a GPS just fine, is the geofence. If you have the distance/radius based geofence enabled, or a polygon fence enabled, GPS is required to arm. Otherwise it doesn't know if it is inside or outside the fence. You can disable the radius fence in Solex vehicle settings.

@jimloss: I try to start in "FLY MANUAL" mode - of couse .... also tryed in "SPORT" with the same results ...

@ P2P: Thanks ... After the factory reset i only used the "SOLO" App. Before i`ve done the reset, i was playing with the solex App a bit, but didn`t change any parameter - cannot remember. Could it be that this parameter (distance/radius) was not resettet if I accidentally changed something ? I`ll try this eavening open the solex App and take a look to the settings ..
I'll check it out and get back to you. ... thanks and cu ...

Factory reset doesn't reset parameters to default on a stock solo. So if you had enabled it, it can very easily still be enabled.

In Open Solo, i made it do a parameter reset as part of the factory reset process. This kind of thing is one of the reasons I did that.

Factory reset doesn't reset parameters to default on a stock solo. So if you had enabled it, it can very easily still be enabled.

In Open Solo, i made it do a parameter reset as part of the factory reset process. This kind of thing is one of the reasons I did that.

Okay, fine ... thats a good info. Tomorrow I`ll read the documentation carefully and will answer soon whether I found the bug or not.
wish you a nice rest of the day ...
Best regards - Joe

Good morning to stateside ...

Good news ... After reading the documentations wich where very interesting, maybe for me "Open Solo" could be a mod for the winter season.
Then i taked a look for the settings in the solex app. When "P2P" sais that after a reset the settings will not be resettet, i remembered what "jimloss" told me in his first post - i have to move the distance slider to the right (no limit). The distance was set to 500m - I guess, I had adjusted that, where i was playing with solex before i resettet the baby. So, i moved the slider full to the right, and everything is okay now.

I really thought that after a factory reset all settings would be resettet, and so I didn't care much about it - my stupidity - sorry.
However, I can't see any good reason that 3DR blocks the manual launch, if the distance is slightly reduced. .. But never mind. The problem is solved, and I would like to thank you both for your help and patience. I will continue to stay in the community and read the many interesting posts.

So - thanks again - have a good time ..
With best regards
Joe

Reactions: jimloss

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig