Cannot calibrate 3DR Solo through Solex and cannot connect Mission Planner on laptop to controller

Reaction score
Hi all
Here is a summary of what I have tried so far to fly that gift of a 3DR Solo drone I was gifted generously 😭:
  1. Bought the Solex app after we found out that 3DR Solo wasn't offered anymore
  2. My daughter updated the controller and the drone, she says she should have rebooted in between, but saw that instruction only after. Apprently it's not a good idea to do a factory reset now and start the updating process again - maybe we have it wrong from here?
  3. Trying to calibrate the compass (outside or inside), it always says it's a success but the lights are always 1 green, 1 red and 2 yellowish
  4. Read on that forum to use Mission planner. Never managed to connect with wifi to the controller, I have the Windows 10 error "cant' get settings from router... I tried all the fixes). I don't have a mini HDMI to USB cable and I don't have the telemetry stuff I also saw in a video.
Now I am out of ideas and starting to think this is way too complex for someone who is a simple amateur! I would appreciate some pointers if they exist (my research didn't return answers for these in particular). Merci!

Hi all
Here is a summary of what I have tried so far to fly that gift of a 3DR Solo drone I was gifted generously 😭:
  1. Bought the Solex app after we found out that 3DR Solo wasn't offered anymore
  2. My daughter updated the controller and the drone, she says she should have rebooted in between, but saw that instruction only after. Apprently it's not a good idea to do a factory reset now and start the updating process again - maybe we have it wrong from here?
  3. Trying to calibrate the compass (outside or inside), it always says it's a success but the lights are always 1 green, 1 red and 2 yellowish
  4. Read on that forum to use Mission planner. Never managed to connect with wifi to the controller, I have the Windows 10 error "cant' get settings from router... I tried all the fixes). I don't have a mini HDMI to USB cable and I don't have the telemetry stuff I also saw in a video.
Now I am out of ideas and starting to think this is way too complex for someone who is a simple amateur! I would appreciate some pointers if they exist (my research didn't return answers for these in particular). Merci!
Join JB's 3DR Solo Owners Group on Facebook if you haven't already.. Some helpful folks there that can help resolve your problems.

Reactions: noixcoco
E tive o mesmo problema, e consegui resolver com o app mission planner para Android. Calibrou perfeitamente!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela