DJI's secret testing to match Solo's features 100%

It is also one way to deal with trolls.
I paid the price of admission by laying down $1400 for a product that has still not materialized. If that doesn't entitle me to my opinions in an owners' discussion group I don't know what does. If only positive comments are welcome it's not really an objective discussion.

I paid the price of admission by laying down $1400 for a product that has still not materialized. If that doesn't entitle me to my opinions in an owners' discussion group I don't know what does. If only positive comments are welcome it's not really an objective discussion.
I have no need to hear only positive comments, constructive comments however is what everyone wants. Basically from the beginning you have been a negative commentator to any and all threads here. I fail to see you offering any solutions, so there for you are the problem to having a meaningful constructive discussion. That voids your price of admission in many venues, hopefully the admins will see the same.

At least now somebody is going to deliver Solo's promised features
Actually these features have always been promised by DJI. But they still aren't here. It has just updated, as one forum member said, from "coming soon" to "coming sooner."

I have to agree. I see a reason to be upset for sure but to hit every thread with negativity...that gets old. As I've said in other threads I can't find a perfect product or a perfect solution. Seems to be a wash when you do a pro/con list for 3DR and DJI.

Certainly you have your free speech here. Others also thave the right to ignore you.

I have watched dozens of launches and products. In my experience, there are two types of people. Those that dig in and try to make things better, and those that whine. Finding problems is about 1% of the process of making things better, and it is the part whiners want to obsess on. Contrary to their belief however, concentrating on it doesn't generally make things better. Working on it does. And that is the underlying psychological problem with whiners... They don't actually want things to be better. They want to whine. You can tell these people, they are the ones that yell and scream but don't do much work.

What really amazes me is that most of the vocal detractors of the Solo (here and elsewhere) are people that don't own one. Most of the supporters, are the opposite. They are positive (in general) and help others. The repeated vocal detractors that either don't own one or are constantly threatening to send it back, are perplexing to me. The idea of spending large amounts of time hanging around a store that you (for whatever reason) don't like, telling others not to buy their products, and not doing anything to make them better, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Certainly it is their right to do it, but it just seems like an odd use of time and effort, and smells a little like people trying to justify (in their own head by trying to get it validated by others) the decisions they have made, especially since most of those people started off with DJI and espouse their products on the complaints. If you hate Solo, send it back and move on. If you keep it, dig in and make it better.

I own both and I see clearly that DJI has both technical and service problems. Different problems, but no less serious, and one could argue more systemic. I understand the psychology of "fanboy" as people want to validate their decisions, but I personally don't sunscribe to it. Have I had problems with Solo? Sure... but I work to solve them, and help others to solve their problems. There is a large difference between being supportive (positive) and being a fanboy of a product and dissing all others (negative). Apparently some don't get that. Whatever you do, do something positive.

Again, my thoughts are that if I am so unhappy that I don't like any product or company and either the product or the relationship can't be fixed, then it is time to move on. That is exactly why you don't see me on the Phantom Pilots site rehashing the problems I have had with my Phantom and DJI. If I had not decided to move on, I would be over there digging in to make it better. I am here digging in to get problems solved (my own and others) which makes things better. I believe that is why most are here.

Stay or go. Either way, don't just sit around in a puddle and complain your butt is wet.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
VERY well said. I can't think of anything to build on from that. There is certainly reasons to be pissed off but we have two choices, move on or dig in to see if it gets better. Since there isn't a clear better choice for me I will be here waiting. Hopefully I'll have some nice fall shots next month.

Oh we are all aware of reality, it is just the constant whines, cries, and snarky retorts we are hoping to ignore.
Responding to something is an interesting way of ignoring it

I have no need to hear only positive comments, constructive comments however is what everyone wants. Basically from the beginning you have been a negative commentator to any and all threads here. I fail to see you offering any solutions, so there for you are the problem to having a meaningful constructive discussion. That voids your price of admission in many venues, hopefully the admins will see the same.
Our respective ratios of likes to comments would suggest otherwise

All joking aside, I see a real reason for you to be upset....now its just a decision of what to do with that. Move on or help fix the problem.

Once they have a inspire with 3DR's customer service and the solo software I see a clear choice that we can all jump on.

Number one main reason for not going DJI customer service 0, no that was not ultimately the reason, Lack of features nope, I was on three manufacturer owner forums reading to decide what product to buy, The absolutely ridiculous amount of other product bashing that goes on in not only the DJI forums but every competitor forums from supposed DJI owners was just a total turn off to me. If that is the way average DJI owners behave, its not a club I want to belong to. You certainly have a right to be pissed about how the launch was handled. But going on and on and on and on about it when everyone knows about it is depressing. And it prevents people who have chosen 3dr from having a place to experience the community of 3DR. Please get over it, and go buy a DJI and join their forums. Or, like the rest of us, stay here and constructively work the problems. And for crying out loud, dont sit there brooding and call fowl when we have a little fun at DJI's expense. They certainly are unashamed of their 3DR bashing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc