Hero4 Black vs Phantom 3 Pro's Camera

Reaction score
hi guys! I got my Best Buy deal of the century last week and just go my first GoPro Hero4 Black within the following 2 days. My first quadcopter was the DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I was comparing the two cameras and gimbals and I think the Solo's videos were not as "buttery" smooth as the P3P's. When I turn or steer the Solo, I notice the video seems like it would skip a frame or so compared to the DJI. Is it my 3-axis gimbal not having the wires clear enough? I thought it's was pretty clear when I put it in with the youtube tutorials. I did notice that my data line from the Solo did not have the mesh cover lining which probably should't matter. Should I "bend" the HDMI cable more? It's not the Jello-effect like the DJI's when you land, etc...it just a very minor thing that bothers me knowing that the DJI doesn't have and I would like to correct it if possible. If that's the best the Solo can get, I simply just wouldn't try to take the gimbal out and check on the two cable wires. I'd say the smoothness from 0-100% being perfect, the P3P is 99% smooth and the Solo's GoPro 4 Black is about 85%. Both were shot in 4K/30FPS. Thanks and I think this is my very first post! Loving my Solo just sitting on the desk! Simply looks military-grade!

Don't take this as gospel but you might look at the type of SD card you are using, its my understanding that the class of SD card can effect the amount of data that can be written especially when turning as the image data is changing rapidly.

Reactions: c4Lvin
Thanks for the reply Stephen. It's definitely not my card as I use a top of the line Samsung U3 speed. Sometimes I know playing high resolution videos will make it stutter but I think overall video players, I still think the default Win10 video player seems to be the smoothest. Even smoother than VLC at times. That GoPro program sucks for playing on my PC. Stutters a lot and not even watchable so 3DR Pilots please make a special note of that and your video itself is NOT messed up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc