Crash into ocean :-(

So are you going to tell us what happened?

Judging by his very first post, I suspect that he knew it was pilot error all along. Sounds like it was just an attempt to see if 3DR would just cave in and send a replacement anyway. :/

If this makes you feel any better

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes I see now
That's salt water. Was in there for six days. I had drops and spills insurance from B&H. Got a brand-new one took about two or three weeks. I see they don't offer that insurance anymore. Didn't have the insurance for the camera or Gimbal.

Reactions: pyrate
That's salt water. Was in there for six days. I had drops and spills insurance from B&H. Got a brand-new one took about two or three weeks. I see they don't offer that insurance anymore. Didn't have the insurance for the camera or Gimbal.
image.jpeg
Helpful divers with recovered solo. Can't make the claim without the product

My cajones are still intact though.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Over more salt water at 0:45, without insurance.

Reactions: pyrate
yeah, heck if I could not fly over salt water there would not be a reason to own one. that is like telling a pyrate you don't serve rum

Reactions: Chuck
that being said, I am building an X8 so I have motor fail over when I on the ocean. I will keep solo over land then

Yeah I'm just trusting solo for right now, and keeping those at risk situations at a minimum. Seems to me that engine failure is low on the list of possible failure. Knock on wood. Operator error is probably at the top.

all my crashes have been totally my fault
fortunately none over water yet
So far I have a spare gimbal, 4 spare batteries and 4 spare motor pods. still working on a second vehicle

all my crashes have been totally my fault
fortunately none over water yet
So far I have a spare gimbal, 4 spare batteries and 4 spare motor pods. still working on a second vehicle
I had to buy another solo while I was waiting for my insurance claim so now I have two, which is good. The best part is I got another charger which will come in handy.

Helpful divers with recovered solo. Can't make the claim without the product

Ha! Divers are always happy when they're wet (at least their heads and hands... I love my dry suit!). An afternoon mucking around in murky green water is still better than one sitting on dry land! :D

Ha! Divers are always happy when they're wet (at least their heads and hands... I love my dry suit!). An afternoon mucking around in murky green water is still better than one sitting on dry land! :D
It was only in about 20 feet of water depending on the tide but still too deep for me to free dive for it

It was only in about 20 feet of water depending on the tide but still too deep for me to free dive for it
The stupid thing is I had just use cable cam about an hour before, closer to the dock, but then I got overconfident.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks