Back-Bone Dead Weight Configurations

Reaction score
Hello Solo pilots and if your like me spending more time being a Solo mechanic instead of flying, then hello Solo mechanics.

I'm having trouble getting my Back-Bone Dead Weight perfect. I'm using the Polar Pro filters.

I know it has been mentioned in other posts that it would be good to have a thread with people detailing their different configurations they are using to get the Solo Gimbal perfectly balanced.

Well here it is!

If you own the Back-Bone Dead Weight then please find some time to share your experience and what configuration works for you, with whatever brand of filter you fly with.

Hello Solo pilots and if your like me spending more time being a Solo mechanic instead of flying, then hello Solo mechanics.

I'm having trouble getting my Back-Bone Dead Weight perfect. I'm using the Polar Pro filters.

I know it has been mentioned in other posts that it would be good to have a thread with people detailing their different configurations they are using to get the Solo Gimbal perfectly balanced.

Well here it is!

If you own the Back-Bone Dead Weight then please find some time to share your experience and what configuration works for you, with whatever brand of filter you fly with.
I use the Peau ND filters and I have not been able to get the GP to balance as well as I did with a couple of coins before I had the BB kit. It still wants to hang to the lens side, but tilt is fine. It does not appear to be effecting the gimbal though, so I called it good enough.

I use the Peau ND filters and I have not been able to get the GP to balance as well as I did with a couple of coins before I had the BB kit. It still wants to hang to the lens side, but tilt is fine. It does not appear to be effecting the gimbal though, so I called it good enough.

@Jubalr Any chance of you uploading some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Jubalr Any chance of you uploading some pics?

As you can see, I have 1 weight on the top channel and 1 on the bottom. I then slid the weights about 1/2 way to the side away from the lens..
x59ia8

Well here it is!

I've got the BBDW & using it with a GP Silver that has the Peau Pro 3.97 & Polar Pro filters that screw onto an adapter. What I ended up doing & what worked for me, is when I had to remove it to replace my gimbal. When I put it back on I didn't pay attention & actually put it on upside down. Took SOLO out & noticed the video was perfectly level. When I brought SOLO back home, that's when I noticed what I had done. Weird, but that's been over a week now & been flying daily w/it like that.

@Solo Keith Do you have some pictures for everyone. When you say upside down, what are you referring to exactly?

I can get you some pics later today when I get home. What I mean by upside down is when I put the BBDW back onto the gimbal, it was put on where the screw slots are facing the opposite direction. In the directions it says to put on only one way. Well, the other way worked for me. This means the weights were also opposite from the original position. So if you wanna try it, just turns it over

I used 2 of those weights that come with Gimbal.

I place the small on the side like so :
_DSF5508.JPG

then the bigger one here :
_DSF5512.JPG

this makes it nice and straight for GP4B with SRP ND filter
_DSF5513.JPG

if I just remove the smaller weight from the side, then it's perfect for GP3+B

I stick the weights on with double sided tape.

I've ordered weight balancing kit from IMPconcepts and while I'm waiting for it, this is my temporary solution.

I'll post some pictures later. I still get a slight bias toward the lens. It's very slight.

@Solo Keith Thanks Keith picture would be great. I'm sure someone else will find them handy.
@SurfnSkate81 Here's the "upside down" Lol. Initially when it was turned the other way, it still was a little unbalanced. As you can see I only had to use minimal weights. Perfect level horizon now. Go figure. The third pic is more telling

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    741.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg