Autopilot Firmware Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.5.3

I used filezilla (Mac Version)
worked a treat
Don't forget to set port to 22 or it doesn't connect
:)

Speatuk,

Please confirm you did indeed use a Mac to make this update, and not a "Mac running windows/boot camp" scenario. Thanks. Look forward to making my Solo sexier.

Reactions: speatuk
Speatuk,

Please confirm you did indeed use a Mac to make this update, and not a "Mac running windows/boot camp" scenario. Thanks. Look forward to making my Solo sexier.

Yep.
I used mac version of FileZilla.

I'm
Not into dual boot.
If I wanted to run widows I would have bought one.

Well I did for mission planner. Lol.

Yes FileZilla mac version. Works a treat.
I just wanted to see if I could do it with a mac [emoji335] without messing around.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Word. Thanks for the prompt reply. Will give it a go this eve. Wife is having a girls night out cosmetic fun time. This means I get to fill the kitchen/dining area with various flying things and play. :)

Reactions: speatuk
Word. Thanks for the prompt reply. Will give it a go this eve. Wife is having a girls night out cosmetic fun time. This means I get to fill the kitchen/dining area with various flying things and play. :)

No problem

Here to help if I can.

All the help I have ever needed has been very informative and fast.

[emoji106]

A few of us have upgraded and tested the latest release of the Autopilot firmware. Follow these steps to manually upgrade your firmware on the Solo from a computer running Windows with WiFi:

1. Download the firmware, ArduCopter-v2.px4. Use firmware tagged 'Latest release'.
2. Download and install FileZilla or WinSCP.
3. Turn on Solo and Controller.
4. Connect to Solo's WiFi network from your computer (similar to how you would connect your phone to it via the app).
5. Launch FileZilla or WinSCP and connect to Solo using it's IP address '10.1.1.10' for the Host and 'root' for the Username and 'TjSDBkAu' for the Password. Use port 22.
6. Copy/transfer the firmware to /firmware on Solo.
7. Reboot Solo.
8. After reboot the LED's on Solo should change colors (party mode).
9. Accomplish a Level Calibration.

Enjoy!

Any instructions to install from a Mac?
Thank you!

Wondering if anyone can help me. I tried to do this upgrade on a Mac using FileZilla. When I first tried it, I kept getting all kinds of errors (yes, all my fault as I wasn't installing it properly), so I turned it off and came back a little bit later to try the download again. Also in between this, I fired it up and cannot get the solo to connect to the app (iOS). I thought I would try to connect back to the computer and do the 1.5.3 upgrade. In the FileZilla, on the Solo side, all I see is a "home" file and a "root" file...nothing else. I've tried factory reset as well.

Bad phrasing. It's not "bricked," but I am not able to get the controller to connect to Solo. I did open it up and connect to the pixhawk usb and tried to roll back the firmware with MP. Some interesting new musical bleeps, but no luck.

Power off the SOLO remove the Gimbal Notice the SSWT switch? Press it down and power on the SOLO while continuing to hold it down until you hear a new tone. Now wait until SOLO powers up you should now be able to connect to the controller if not try the pairing sequence by pushing in the pairing button with a paper clip or something similar give it awhile 5,10 minutes it will connect , you will be prompted to hold both the A and B buttons to pair. This should work, if it does not work reset the SOLO using the reset procedure right after you perform the steps above.. I had the same issue (losing controller connection) while messing with Mission Planner params,,, oops.. wish you the best.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone can help me. I tried to do this upgrade on a Mac using FileZilla. When I first tried it, I kept getting all kinds of errors (yes, all my fault as I wasn't installing it properly), so I turned it off and came back a little bit later to try the download again. Also in between this, I fired it up and cannot get the solo to connect to the app (iOS). I thought I would try to connect back to the computer and do the 1.5.3 upgrade. In the FileZilla, on the Solo side, all I see is a "home" file and a "root" file...nothing else. I've tried factory reset as well.

I should mention that the solo will pair with the TX, but does not recognize the app. I just tried the sswt under the gimbal. Same results

Uploaded 1.5.2 to Solo this evening via iMac. Too easy. Even had a little dance party. Thanks all who contributed.

A few of us have upgraded and tested the latest release of the Autopilot firmware. Follow these steps to manually upgrade your firmware on the Solo from a computer running Windows with WiFi:

1. Download the firmware, ArduCopter-v2.px4. Use firmware tagged 'Latest release'.
2. Download and install FileZilla or WinSCP.
3. Turn on Solo and Controller.
4. Connect to Solo's WiFi network from your computer (similar to how you would connect your phone to it via the app).
5. Launch FileZilla or WinSCP and connect to Solo using it's IP address '10.1.1.10' for the Host and 'root' for the Username and 'TjSDBkAu' for the Password. Use port 22.
6. Copy/transfer the firmware to /firmware on Solo.
7. Reboot Solo.
8. After reboot the LED's on Solo should change colors (party mode).
9. Accomplish a Level Calibration.

Enjoy!

Thanks for a good description of how to do this.
When transfering the file to Solo I did not find a catalog /firmware to transfere to.
Should I create one under /root or just put the file in /root?
IMG_6419.JPG

Thanks for quick response - I got the right response from Solo- Thanks again.

Best regards Roar fro

Yes I found it and have been testing and seems to be all good.

Good good good.

Happy to help.

I should mention that the solo will pair with the TX, but does not recognize the app. I just tried the sswt under the gimbal. Same results

Can one of you guys help Matt? I'm not at home currently. I assume a hard reset is in order?

if the controller and tx are hooking up, but you cant get the app to, first make sure solollink is connected
then if need be reinstall the app

Ok, I have successfully connected to the app after another hard reset. It must have been something I was just not quite doing right. So, I then proceeded to press my luck and try the 1.5.3 download...HA!! It worked!! Such a simple process that I made WAY more complicated! Thanks for everyone's help with this. I've had this solo for a while and have been on this site for a bit, but I never really posted anything before. It is truly amazing the amount knowledge people have on here--I'm just not one of them! Now, maybe I can get a rest flight in before I start to pre-game!! Thanks again!!!!

Just wanna mention when doing the Level Calibration on the Solo App, noticed the app reflected a successful upgrade to 1.5.2, as settings confirmed that Autopilot FW to be such.

Also, after reading through the thread, never really came to conclusion. Is 1.5.3 the way to go currently? Or 1.5.2 still the safest bet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44