Autopilot Firmware Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.5.3

Think of a laptop, they have a recovery partition with a fresh OS, so on the Solo you write the image to the recovery partition, then you do a factory restore and it restores to the new image [emoji6]

I’m probably going to expose my lack of understanding with this, but my assumption is that the recovery partition is the SD card in the copter and controller. That would seem like the logical place to Put the image. The factory reset procedure I though cause either device to boot from the SD rather then an eprom.

I’m sure I have a lot to learn about this.

Great attitude! When it comes to this bird.. We are all learning, improving and innovating. Really for me I'm a Solo fan for what it is and what it can be in the future!
If you follow the video exactly, you'll be up and running in no time.
Now that I've discovered the knee shaking rush flying full immersion FPV with a 100 mph + 3" racer, my Solo is parked in the sky filming my awesome.... Crashes lol so yes I'm very much still learning, and so very happy to be part of this great site!

The app is on your tablet/phone (Android for 'Solex').

'OpenSolo' is an update to the firmware on the Solo and the controller - it started based around the 1.5.3 (the 3DR Sites can firmware) but has been developed and tuned beyond that now (many many thanks due Pedal2Paddles).

Using Solex is the simplest most reliable way way to deliver Open Solo using your Android device.

Lots of info on exactly how earlier in this thread.

Can I update to 1.5.3 if I don’t have Solo?
Please use Open Solo to upgrade your firmware to 1.5.3. I will leave these instructions here in case you do not have Solex/SidePilot and want to upgrade just the firmware.
documentation/README.md at master · OpenSolo/documentation · GitHub

A few of us have upgraded and tested the latest release of the Autopilot firmware. Follow these steps to manually upgrade your firmware on the Solo from a computer running Windows with WiFi:

1. Download the firmware, ArduCopter-v2.px4. Use firmware tagged 'Latest release'.
2. Download and install FileZilla or WinSCP.
3. Turn on Solo and Controller.
4. Connect to Solo's WiFi network from your computer (similar to how you would connect your phone to it via the app).
5. Launch FileZilla or WinSCP and connect to Solo using it's IP address '10.1.1.10' for the Host and 'root' for the Username and 'TjSDBkAu' for the Password. Use port 22.
6. Copy/transfer the firmware to /firmware on Solo.
7. Reboot Solo.
8. After reboot the LED's on Solo should change colors (party mode).
9. Accomplish a Level Calibration.

Enjoy!

Can I update to 1.5.3 without Soles?

You're flopping around numerous different topics here.

No you cannot just put the 1.5.4 ArduCopter Solo FW in the recovery partition. That is not how it works and that will do nothing. If you just want to install ArduCopter Solo 1.5.4, that gets installed on the pixhawk autopilot directly following the instructions in this thread.

Open Solo is a completely different animal. It happens to include ArduCopter Solo 1.5.4 in it. For that, you need to read the link in my signature.

Thanks Peddles, I’ve read pretty much everything you have uploaded to GitHub. I really appreciate all the information you’ve compiled. Very informative and it was able to get me out of my upgrade loop. Solo is upgraded to OpenSolo and flying well. I couldn’t have done it without all of the information you have provided. If there was beer home delivery, I’d send you a 12 pack... cheers...

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc