Android 2.4 Beta and Solo FW (2.4.1.3) Update Available..

The author is Kelly Shrock on facebook. He's been in all the solo fb groups discussing it and it sounds close to being complete.

Reactions: pyrate
no ISO control and this update is extremely overdue for Android...anything more than what's already been stated is wishful thinking.

That all depends on what GoPro changed on their side.
I have nothing to base this on excel the testing that I have done. That Android app looked good except for stability that could be mostly negated with good calibrations. The odd ekf 2 errors scared me enough to stop flying it. But I am glad to see services going away, and have a hunch that the next Android 2.4 beta is the one we have been waiting for

3DR Services

For those of you with the "Unfortunately Tower has stopped" error with version 1.6.0:

Looks like 3DR Services was reposted the older version1.5.3 on August 12.

So you can UPDATE and get back the old version.

I've turned off auto-update now!

Note that the bugs when using Tower with Solo FW 2.4.0 are still there. That will require an update to Solo FW, not a Tower/Services update.

Checking Solex, looks interesting. Will it void warranty if there is an incident while flying under Solex control?
So far it doesn't show anyone has been brave enough to download it. I'm tempted, even at 30 bucks. But I need to know if it will put my warranty at risk.
I tried the web link to them but it is dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: jibcamera
Checking Solex, looks interesting. Will it void warranty if there is an incident while flying under Solex control?
So far it doesn't show anyone has been brave enough to download it. I'm tempted, even at 30 bucks. But I need to know if it will put my warranty at risk.
I tried the web link to them but it is dead.
I'm 99.9% sure it will void the warranty if crashed while using it. It's not certified or backed by 3dr. They can't be responsible for someone elses code causing a crash.

Early on, using Tower voided the warranty as well. They've since certified it and it won't void the warranty as long as you don't change any of the system parameters.

Thanks Steve.

I was afraid of that. I think I will wait til the warranty is done before I spend the money to be.a beta tester.

I'm 99.9% sure it will void the warranty if crashed while using it. It's not certified or backed by 3dr. They can't be responsible for someone elses code causing a crash.

Early on, using Tower voided the warranty as well. They've since certified it and it won't void the warranty as long as you don't change any of the system parameters.
I don't agree Steve. Like Tower, 3DR is looking at the logs to determine the cause of the crash and the full set of parameters. For instance, the recent bad EKF readings are not SW dependent, nor do the logs identify the app used or no app at all would have had the same result. 3DR has been very good at determining causes to accidents. That's why tower was OK'd, with the only warning being they would not cover a crash if the crash was a result of a specific parameter being changed that resulted in the crash. Solex uses the same guided modes and flight modes that as Tower and 3DR app, which show in logs regardless of put there manually of by SW. And it doesn't even allow access to the parameters like Tower does.

Makes sense, but I'd check with 3dr just to be sure if it was my solo still under warranty. My solo #1's warranty expires in about 2 weeks so I'm game.

How's the latest beta looking these days? I'd like to move on from 2.3, but I would prefer to go straight to whatever bugfixes are in the latest and greatest.

I don't agree Steve. Like Tower, 3DR is looking at the logs to determine the cause of the crash and the full set of parameters. For instance, the recent bad EKF readings are not SW dependent, nor do the logs identify the app used or no app at all would have had the same result. 3DR has been very good at determining causes to accidents. That's why tower was OK'd, with the only warning being they would not cover a crash if the crash was a result of a specific parameter being changed that resulted in the crash. Solex uses the same guided modes and flight modes that as Tower and 3DR app, which show in logs regardless of put there manually of by SW. And it doesn't even allow access to the parameters like Tower does.

Just chatted with 3DR and it will indeed void warranty if flown with ANY third party app.
Looks like I'll be waiting on that app.

How's the latest beta looking these days? I'd like to move on from 2.3, but I would prefer to go straight to whatever bugfixes are in the latest and greatest.

3DR just told me that it might release the production version this week. WooHoo!

Just chatted with 3DR and it will indeed void warranty if flown with ANY third party app.
Looks like I'll be waiting on that app.
Well, Jubair claimed that logs don't identify the app, so....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44