Android 2.4 Beta and Solo FW (2.4.1.3) Update Available..

I purchased Kelly's app just to support his effort.
I have one solo out of warranty and one not.
from what I read the new android official release is close. and it will no longer require 3dr services.
so I will keep with that on my warranty machine.
but to be very honest. My journey into DIY makes me less and less concerned about warranty anymore

Solex: New App just for Solo!

It's not a matter of needing to lie. The details that the logs generate are incredible, and THEY do not lie. The crashes you have seen where 3DR warranties a replacement are due to the information in the logs. If you run a program that somehow crashes Solo into something or falls from the sky, the logs will show if that was commanded through a flight plan (guided mode) and all other systems were normal, and Solo did as it was told. They can see what mode you were in and what exactly your sticks were doing at the time of the crash. If you get disoriented and go the wrong way with the stick and hit something, that is easy to tell as well. It's a matter of what Solo was doing and IF it was told to do it. Or, the more often case of replacements, Solo is acting on it's own and stick input is not having an effect due to internal errors in the Solo sensors.. Again, they see that and can make a decision based on that. That's when the warranty comes in to play and makes no difference what, if any, program is being used. It still would have crashed as the internals were the issue.

It's all personal choice though. And having been flying RC since the 80s, it is still so very foreign to hear the word 'Warranty' used anywhere near something RC. Flying by remote control was always a simple 4 step process; "Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat."

Solex: New App just for Solo

It's all personal choice though. And having been flying RC since the 80s, it is still so very foreign to hear the word 'Warranty' used anywhere near something RC. Flying by remote control was always a simple 4 step process; "Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat."
Solex: New App just for Solo!
That is very true. I don't remember ever hearing warranty when it came to rc toys. Our dad had us building free flights in the 60s. He would let us fly his single channel rc airplane sometimes. Now that was a challenge. It used a rubber band escapement system.
You had to wind up a long rubber band before each flight. It was used to drive the escapement(servo).
I've crashed a lot of planes over the years. At least now there isn't the build time involved like there used to be.
Each New Years my two brothers and I meet up in the local desert for a week and spend most of the time flying and crashing rc aircraft.
It one of those fun things we can all get together and enjoy.

Thanks for the insight.

Don.

Android 2.4.0-4 beta - listed as 2.4.0-beta.program.4 - up on Play Store
FIxes for for MPCC where you can't end a cable
Disables save videos to local device by default
Removes dependency on 3DR Services

my load went a little weird had to cycle solo a couple times
can someone who has done the update confirm
app 2.4 beta 4
solo 2.4.1.6
autopilopt 1.3.1
gimbal 1.3.6...
controller 2.4.1.6
controller firmware 1.2.11

app 2.4 beta 4
solo 2.4.1.6
autopilopt 1.3.1
gimbal 1.3.6...
controller 2.4.1.6
Won't be able to try until tomorrow evening. But damn, not looking forward to my 'load' getting weird.. o_O

app 2.4 beta 4
solo 2.4.1.6
autopilopt 1.3.1
gimbal 1.3.6...
controller 2.4.1.6
That's what I had before I connected this new beta, and that's what I still have. App didn't look for anything new; everything booted and armed and found sats; motors started... can't fly in house, though.

Technically, I have "-6", not ".6" for Solo and controller.

Anyone try a level cal with the new beta, I can't get it to work I keep getting errors

Anyone try a level cal with the new beta, I can't get it to work I keep getting errors
Just tried...
Solo beta crashed
tried again, and again... told me to find some place level. Was using the same places I used before - perhaps my house is falling into a sinkhole.

Actually, someone on the FB beta site reported the level problem within about 30 minutes. Too tired to troubleshoot tonight, but not looking good at this moment.

That was me on the beta page, I'm just finishing a factory reset then I'm going to reload the new firmware and try again.

I already had 2.4.1-6 in the Solo and controller from a previous beta, and that's where it stayed. Had what pyrate listed before and after - except for the App version that changed, because that's what was running of course. Darn 3DR beta version numbers are like roller coasters.

Let us know what a reset does for you.

finished the reset, versions are the same as pyrate still no go cannot get a level cal.
I've sent a e mail to the beta team. Till then I'm going to go back to 2.4 on IOS

Reactions: SARDG
Connect using Mission Planner on a PC and do a level calibration via that interface. If the bug is in the beta app as opposed to the beta firmware, it should work.

From FB beta site:

Phu responded to mudman's comments regarding level cal issues and said he's fixed it and will post a new version soon.

There was also a comment regarding permissions for Bluetooth access and Phu said he'll try to remove the request as the Solo app doesn't use it.

So... don't get too attached to yesterday's beta version. o_O

Will the "soon" version (or yesterday's version) remove the requirement for 3DR services?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle