Advice on improving my drone shots

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi guys,

How are you?
I was hoping you could help me out with your experience and personal views!

About 4 months ago I quit my job to travel the world for at least a year to make some awesome footage for my Instagram and YouTube accounts. My 3DR Solo drone is always close and will be shooting in a lot of remote places. I'm hoping you can help me improve my drone skills, so please feel free to share any tips and advice on the aerial shots in my videos.

Would be great if you check my videos and let me know what you think. Would help me out a lot.
Check it out:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks in advance!

Yolan
NotGoingHome

www.youtube.com/c/notgoinghome
www.instagram.com/notgoinghome

Cheers to wishing I was you, I'll check out your vids in a few, but you came to the right place. A lot of great experienced folks here who have helped me a ton since last year. Enjoy yourself and count your blessings, sounds like your in for a great year.

Reactions: Yolan
Dude, the shot where you fall off the water jet and go straight to shark footage was awesome...

Reactions: Yolan
If you're not already using them, I highly suggest using Neutral Density filters on the GoPro when shooting during bright sunny days on the Solo.

Reactions: cameraguy and Yolan
Keep them short, that the best was to keep an audience. A 4 stop ND filter will make the best images, as it,slows the shutter down.

Shoot photos and video at the same time. The photos with some photoshop work can be more,dynamic than the videos, which are great too.

A word about music. You MUST NOT USE COMMERCIAL MUSIC!

You can be sued, and YouTube can toss you off the web. Sign up for something like Digital Juice, who have multi instrument multi track music you can customize using their online software. You personally own it for life then, and if you should ever be able to sell your videos to something like The Travel Channel, or some of the other pretty picture channels, you won't have to re-edit, which could cost you the job.

It's not worth using commercial music.

Great images though. Really nice editing too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M