3DRsolo is it worth it???

Reaction score
i currently own a phantom 3 advanced right now and im thinking about buying the mavik as well
but i have seen the 3DR solo on the market for over 300-400 dollars and i did consider it at 1time but i also saw lots of reviews of it drifting or noisy or if GPS drops the drone drops from the sky among other problems and bad customer service

Is it worth buying this drone for a backup purpose and more???

this however doesnt address the other concerns i mentioned earlier about dropped gps and stuff
Most issues with bad GPS performance were resolved. Only a few had true problems, far fewer having flyaways like the Phantom does.
I've got a Phantom like yours. The Solo is better in every way.

the answers to almost all your questions have been talked about soo many times that the people with the answers are just weary of answering them,
Sorry, its not your fault, just true
searching for things like GPS and Range here will bring you hours of reading on the subjects.

Reactions: SARDG
Most issues with bad GPS performance were resolved. Only a few had true problems, far fewer having flyaways like the Phantom does.
I've got a Phantom like yours. The Solo is better in every way.
i never had fly away problems with my phantom

Ive had my Solo for over 18 months, flown in 4 different states, have not had any major issues. I've had 2 crashes, both my fault. I did upgrade motors and GPS. But I love this Solo.

Definitely worth it if you have a GP4 - you can't beat smart shots and key frames.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solo is more relevant than other drones just for this purpose
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is how we should have been making videos - when solo first came out.
3DR Solo - The Phoenix - Re-imagined

Well i hope it can somewhat compare to the DJI phantom 3 adv in some way..........

Im out 415 dollars for the drone + gopro hero 3+
(wait till you see the gopro i think someone messed up in pricing lol)

drone.PNG gopro.PNG

I highly doubt it will be anywhere near close to 100000x better then phantom 3 adv but i hope its a good backup drone then

The hero 3+ silver is not compatible with the solo you need a 3+ black minimum - best works with the hero 4

The hero 3+ silver is not compatible with the solo you need a 3+ black minimum - best works with the hero 4
it said it would work on the site........

And i see now it doesnt
so im either going to trash the junk or sell it because its a waste of money now........

Because im sure the gopro hero 4+ silver wont work either will it?

Last edited:
gopro2.PNG whatever im paying $600 for a drone i have no idea if its as good ordecent or just piss poor compared to my other 1 i want to try and keep them all around the same quality as each other and im starting to think the only + side i have now i just SPENT MORE MONEY on a gopro hero 4 silver and just thinking that at least i hopfully will never need to buy a camera for a drone again

unless this 1 doesnt work either

...i have now i just SPENT MORE MONEY on a gopro hero 4 silver and just thinking that at least i hopfully will never need to buy a camera for a drone again

unless this 1 doesnt work either
GP4s are already NOS new-old-stock and old technology. To think that you will never need to buy a camera for a drone again - let alone another drone, means you will either give up flying altogether, or must be very old and ready to croak soon - and your profile says otherwise on that count.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44